PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

Tyler Howell
04-23-2004, 3:51 PM
It started with my appointed rounds through the heartland of America giving the latest 411 to my troops at the WI and MN sites on the company reorganization. No pink slips but there was a little "coaching".

Great day for a drive. Dodged a few grass fires along the Mississippi River valley, then headed up to the home of the world famous Mayo Clinic. Rochester Minnesota is also home to "The Richards Boat Works". Many miles from open water…. They laughed at Noah too. ;)
Creeker Dave Richards has a very nice home in a new development with a great view from the LR Window. I was amazed at the long history of WW in his family from Grandfather to Dave and his brother. Tools and talent have been passed down to my new friend. Like all of us, there is never enough shop space. His beautiful bride Kari (SP) is working on that right now shopping for a new home.

Dave has a great setup with the two-car garage make-over. Heated and ready for action, he has some really nice toyls. Jet is a dominant theme here, with a great use of recycled cabinets and carts. I got a presentation on the Legacy, and Wood Rat router machines which could be very bad for my Visa Card.

Dave works in a field (Bio Medical Electronics) that I trained for years ago with my classmates Tommy Edison and Ben Franklin. Orville and Wilbur Wright made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, but we agree on one important thing and that is shop safety. Lots of talk about power, grounding, bonding, electrical polarity, and GFICs. Part of the trade is to test these features and results can be very scary. More to follow.

The pix in these pages pale in comparison to the real thing. Dave’s use of wood for depth, detail, function and beauty are unbelievable. A very fine artist, he gave me many ideas.

Thank you sir for your worm hospitality. Best of luck to you, Kari and the next generation of WWs in your family.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8826

John Miliunas
04-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Sounds like a splendid visit, Tyler! Both, David and Kari are super people. When they took the time to visit at my shop a number of weeks ago, I swear that David's bride was equally enthusiastic, if not more so, than David, when speaking of a shop upgrade to be included in their house search! :D Gotta' love it! And yes, you can certainly see the WW heritage in David's work. Detailed and beautiful! :cool:

Jim Becker
04-24-2004, 9:35 AM
So when are you venturing "east", Tyler?? :)

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-24-2004, 10:43 AM
So Tyler
Pittsburgh is on the way to Becker's place.
Yunz (spelled correctly) have to stop here. (That's Pittsburgheese for Y'all)
Daniel :D

Mark Singer
04-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Your hard to keep put...movin around....how we gona keep track of you? Posts I guess...

Tyler Howell
04-24-2004, 1:36 PM
So when are you venturing "east", Tyler?? :)
Temple is the Med school of choice. May not be long.;)

Mark My mom and DOT make me wear a flashing yellow light. She wants to keep track and they are warning of a Wide Load:(

Jim Becker
04-24-2004, 2:41 PM
Temple is the Med school of choice.
That's wonderful! Good school and plenty to do in see in the very, very rare moment that she has some of that proverbial "copious free time". Temple, being who and where they are, offers a lot of good experience once the residency starts, too. Congratulations to your daughter (and you)!

Tyler Howell
04-25-2004, 9:06 AM
I swear that David's bride was equally enthusiastic, if not more so, than David, when speaking of a shop upgrade to be included in their house search!

John I'll say.
Kari was the Driving force behind some of those Toyls according to Dave. Where can I find a good woman like that???:D

John Miliunas
04-25-2004, 12:05 PM
John I'll say.
Kari was the Driving force behind some of those Toyls according to Dave. Where can I find a good woman like that???:D
Don't know, Tyler. 'Ya can't have mine and, I daresay, David's not gonna' let you have his, either! :eek: LOML can be a bit "high maintenance" from time to time, but usually reasonable and yes, she truly DOES support my affliction with WW! :cool: