PDA

View Full Version : Router bit Question

harold brock
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Has anyone used Woodline router bits? How do they compare with Freud or CMT?

Dick Rowe
07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
I have a few and find their quality to be not quite as good as Freud, Whiteside or CMT but better than some of the no-name bits I have had over the years.

I personally would rate them about equal to Rockler or Woodcraft branded bits, not the best but not the worst either.

Curt Harms
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a few and find their quality to be not quite as good as Freud, Whiteside or CMT but better than some of the no-name bits I have had over the years.

I personally would rate them about equal to Rockler or Woodcraft branded bits, not the best but not the worst either.

This is a fair assessment. Not Whiteside or Infinity but fine for occasional use in domestic hard and soft wood.

Steve Clardy
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
I've bought just a few of them.
I consider them throw away bits. Not worth resharpening.

scott spencer
07-17-2008, 2:26 PM
Bits like Whiteside, Infinity, CMT, Freud, Eagle America are top shelf American or European made. The Woodline are Asian imports more on par with MLCS, Holbren, Grizzly green, Woodcraft, Price Cutter green, etc. The Woodlines are less expensive, won't hold up as well, and likely won't perform quite as well but for some applications they're cheap enough and good enough to suit the need.