PDA

View Full Version : WWoodworking in America

George Beck
07-17-2008, 6:38 AM
I just got an email from this So called show that another session I am registered for I am OUT! Says they had a "glitch" Is this show a scam or just typical of this Cincinnati bunch. I am pretty upset about having reservations at hotels and having paid up front and then being told they can't deliver!

George

Martin Shupe
07-17-2008, 8:36 AM
I just got an email from this So called show that another session I am registered for I am OUT! Says they had a "glitch" Is this show a scam or just typical of this Cincinnati bunch. I am pretty upset about having reservations at hotels and having paid up front and then being told they can't deliver!

George

Chris Schwarz is behind the show, but does not seem to have control over the registration process. Perhaps an email to him, expressing your displeasure, is in order. If he does not know what the problems are, he can't fix them. He may still not be able to fix every problem, but I believe he would try if you contacted him.

Megan Fitzpatrick
07-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Dear George,
My apologies for having been closed out of your session. The conference staff set a capacity limit for the workshop in the registration system (which had to be done because of space restrictions), but the system didn't recognize that limit, and it allowed more people in than could physically fit in the room. Our only viable way of addressing the issue was to ask those who "got in" after the room capacity had been reached to select another session at the same time. We're very sorry this happened, but we hope you'll find plenty of other reasons to attend the conference other than this one session.

And, Mike Wenzloff (who's session I think you were closed out of) has gallantly offered to provide mini saw sharpening sessions as well as his session handout information at his booth in the marketplace, so that those who can't get to his session still get the benefit of his expertise.

Sincerely,
Megan Fiztpatrick,
managing editor, Popular Woodworking & Woodworking Magazine

Al Navas
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome to SMC, Megan! Glad to see you here.

George Beck
07-17-2008, 3:07 PM
Megan

Thank you for the apology. I am still planning on attending unless there are any other negligent oversights or glitches.

George