PDA

View Full Version : PM66 Wierdness

Doug Shepard
07-16-2008, 9:38 PM
Anybody else ever had the center locking knob on the blade height adjustment crank fall out of their PM66? This has happened about 3 times, most recently last weekend. I only keep it backed off a 1/2 or full turn or so when loosened and there doesn't seem to be any problem actually tightening it to lock the height, but in roughly 15 years it never started happening until sometime within the last year. But suddenly I hear the thunk of something hitting the floor, and there's the locking knob with the long pointed bolt. Dust it off, look it over, and thread it back in, and cant find anything wrong with the operation. I cant spot anything visually wrong inside the saw where it goes in, but I'm stumped why this has started to happen.
:confused::confused::confused:

Scott Haddix
07-16-2008, 9:54 PM
I have only had my PM66 for less than a year, but have not encountered this issue, and wish I could come up with a hypothesis as to why it might be happening, but...

Jim Eller
07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Nope! Not in three years I've had it.

Neal Clayton
07-17-2008, 4:20 AM
funny that you mention it, the lock on the tilt for mine came that way (not from the factory, from the auction i bought it from ;)).

guess he didn't notice, the bolt is probably on the last owner's shop floor somewhere.

haven't bothered to replace it.