PDA

View Full Version : ?? about Biesemeyer fence

Whit Whitfield
07-16-2008, 8:08 PM
Checked out the 22124 saw at Sears today and the fence did not slide easily. Is this normal, bad setup or does the fence need to be waxed? This saw is on sale starting Jul 20 and I am interested. Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Whit

Brad Townsend
07-16-2008, 8:18 PM
I wouldn't base anything on how a tool is setup in a Sears display. Many of their employees are very knowledgeable and have some expertise in what they are selling. Others frankly are so bad, it's lucky if the tool gets displayed right side up.

Matt Ocel
07-16-2008, 9:25 PM
It should absolutely slide easily.

The display model may just not be adjusted and/or lubricated.

Joe Scharle
07-16-2008, 9:26 PM
When mine is clean and waxed I have to be careful not to slide it off the ttable and on the floor!

Ted Torres
07-16-2008, 9:47 PM
Checked out the 22124 saw at Sears today and the fence did not slide easily. Is this normal, bad setup or does the fence need to be waxed? This saw is on sale starting Jul 20 and I am interested. Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Whit

Whit,

My store's floor display is put together pretty bad...wings aren't level with the table so the fence movement keeps catching the main table and makes for a rough sliding action.

MY 22124 fence glides very easy and smoothly (table is waxed well), so I didn't make the purchase based on the store experience, but what I read and heard about this wonderful saw. Going for $900 starting the 20th (club sale), not bad for all of the features it offers, Including an Excellent Rock-Solid Pro Biesemeyer T-Square fence. I really like this saw! :D

HERE's (http://www.best-price.com/report/showReport/ReportID/943421/id/179497) a review on my experiences...hope it helps!

Ted

glenn bradley
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Mine moves with a finger.

Denny Rice
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
I own the same zip code saw with the Biesemeyer fence, I love mine. The fence works great and the saw really has a lot of power for a hybrid. I agree with eveyone here , don't base your decision to buy this saw on the way your Sears store put the saw togeather. When I purchased mine, the guy didn't even know who made the saw for Craftsman, they tried to tell me Craftsman owned a factory where they were produced. Sears has a lot to be desired when it comes to employees that know their product around here. This saw is produced by Orion, the same people who produce Steel City saws. Steel City owns Orion. The only thing I don't like about the saw is the factory miter gauge is less than desireable and the guard for the saw blade never made it out the box. I purchased an aftermarket splitter for the saw but I run the saw without a guard.

Chris Kennedy
07-17-2008, 6:51 AM
I had the same experience as you. When I tried the one in the store, the action was horrible. I figured that it had been assembled poorly, since I had used a friend's Biesemeyer without any trouble.

Cheers,

Chris

scott spencer
07-17-2008, 8:39 AM
The steel t-square types like the Biese, Exacta, Shop Fox Classic, etc. are all fully adjustable, and when waxed, move pretty freely.

Josh Mountain
07-17-2008, 5:50 PM
Hmmmm. I finished putting this model together about a month ago and have the same problem. Haven't used it really except for a few test cuts. Lubed it with quite a bit of wax. . . Any ideas?

With the Biese fence not locked down it is very tough going in and out of track. Rest of table is calibrated and set up properly.

Rusty Elam
07-17-2008, 7:07 PM
Josh it sounds like you have the fence adjusted too tight, loosen the screws on the back side each a equal amount and I think it will move easy. I also have the 22124 and like it has been said above the fence moves so smooth you have worry about shooting it off the table.

Josh Mountain
07-18-2008, 4:31 PM
Thanks a little use, wax, and adjustment and it is all good. Appreciate it.

Ted Torres
07-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Josh it sounds like you have the fence adjusted too tight, loosen the screws on the back side each a equal amount and I think it will move easy. I also have the 22124 and like it has been said above the fence moves so smooth you have worry about shooting it off the table.

I suspect this is what most Sears displays need (w\level wing adjustment), but due to the Liability of the fence flying off the table and injuring another customer in the store, they may Want the fence to be hard to move, hehe!? :eek: