PDA

View Full Version : Norm's back in the shop, Season 21 filming has begun!

David Cramer
07-16-2008, 5:25 PM
Norm is finally back in the shop for season 21. For those who are interested, like me:), today was the first day! Go Norm!

David

p.s. If I can put the link, it's newyankee.com. If not, sorry and feel free to remove it.

John Gregory
07-16-2008, 6:23 PM
Looks like it will be different this year, According to http://www.newwookiee.com/story/Webcam_Will_Be_ON_July_16_For_21st_Season_116091.a sp
Norm will be reworking some of his old shows. Not sure what that means exactly. But sounds like no new projects for 2009. If anyone hears more about it, please let us know.

Peter Quinn
07-16-2008, 6:29 PM
Good ole Nahm. My PBS doesn't run the NYW. Thus I don't donate anything to their cause. Irks me. I like his show.

Matt Ocel
07-16-2008, 6:31 PM
Norms da MAN!
Period......

Don Abele
07-16-2008, 8:53 PM
You know, I wish that they had an option to replay all of the slides as a show rather than having to click next for all 790 slides!

Anyway, noticed a couple of things while clicking through. They installed some new lighting and for the first time I saw a big use of cue cards (even had one taped to a roller stand). I've never seen them before (though may have missed them), but they were very prominent today. Very low-tech: hand-written on poster board.

Looks like they went through five or six old projects, including one outside (either the garden shed or something near it). It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. No woodworking today in the shop though.

Be well,

Doc

Lee Koepke
07-16-2008, 9:11 PM
I would like to volunteer my time to help him build whatever projects he has slated for this season.

:D

Mark Patoka
07-17-2008, 7:11 AM
...and for the first time I saw a big use of cue cards (even had one taped to a roller stand). I've never seen them before (though may have missed them), but they were very prominent today. Very low-tech: hand-written on poster board.

Many seasons ago Norm showed and used one of the old cue cards to cutout one of his templates on. Even though his presentation style is very conversational and natural there must be certain things he or the producers want to make sure he says.

Don Abele
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Mark, I was thinking that because he is going back over old projects the cue cards had notes long since forgotten.

Throughout the day they had them spread all over the place, including completely covering the assembly table and tablesaw!

There were also several shots where he was sitting down on a chair at the end of the assembly table, almost like a static interview.

As I said, should be interesting to see where they are going with it.

Be well,

Doc

John Lucas
07-17-2008, 2:01 PM
You know, I wish that they had an option to replay all of the slides as a show rather than having to click next for all 790 slides!

Anyway, noticed a couple of things while clicking through. They installed some new lighting and for the first time I saw a big use of cue cards (even had one taped to a roller stand). I've never seen them before (though may have missed them), but they were very prominent today. Very low-tech: hand-written on poster board.

Looks like they went through five or six old projects, including one outside (either the garden shed or something near it). It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. No woodworking today in the shop though.

Be well,

Doc

I didnt notice the cue cards but I did the lights...two Lowell Omni Lights with scrims (diffusers) at camera height and to the left. And I see one Altman tyoe scoopic light. It is nice that they have all the lectric they need. When I turn lights on, I have to juggle with load of tools. These will help. They have had rather static TV lighting (overhead bounce) for all their years.