PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Woodworker lost his better half today.

Dennis Peacock
04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
I know this is an OT kind of thing, but this needs the widest possible exposure.

Our buddy, Bobby Hatfield has just notified me that his wife of 44 years has past away. I really feel a great sadness as Evelyn was a wonderful woman and was always with Bobby at the BBQ's. I will post an address if anyone wishes to send flowers or a card of condolence.

It's just kind of hard to type this since I know them both as they have sat here and "chewed the fat", brought wood down to us and shared life in general with us out of their own lives.

I post this in both Honor and Respect for Bobby and Evely Hatfield.

Our hearts and prayers are with you Bobby and Family.

I have attached a photo of Bobby and Evelyn from Terry Hatfields BBQ.

Keith Starosta
04-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't know Bobby personally, but my heart still goes out to him and his family. He will be in my prayers. I'm sorry for his loss...

Keith

Dennis Peacock
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I don't know Bobby personally, but my heart still goes out to him and his family. He will be in my prayers. I'm sorry for his loss...

Keith

Keith,

Bobby is an SMC member and you may know him better as the ol' Grouch. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Mark Rios
04-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Please pass my condolences to Mr. Hatfield. Also my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Jim Becker
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
This is sad news, indeed. Our partners in life are what keep us going and provide motivation and meaning in everything we do. Ali and I send our thoughts to Bobby, too.

Keith Starosta
04-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Keith,

Bobby is an SMC member and you may know him better as the ol' Grouch. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Dennis, I didn't mean to indicate that I don't know who he is, just that I had never met him. I've admired his skills via his posts here ever since joining up.

Again, thoughts and prayers.....

Keith

Dennis Peacock
04-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Dennis, I didn't mean to indicate that I don't know who he is, just that I had never met him. I've admired his skills via his posts here ever since joining up.

Again, thoughts and prayers.....

Keith

Sorry Keith....My misunderstanding. I apollogize.

Dennis Peacock
04-23-2004, 10:58 AM
If anyone wishes to send flowers for Bobby Hatfield:

The funeral will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 2PM
Funeral Home is: Jackson's Funeral Home
The local florist is: Purdy's Florist, 870-523-5872

Bobby sends his sincere thanks for your prayers and support.

Terry Hatfield
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I write this with truly a heavy heart. We have been blessed by getting to know Bobby and Evelyn. We enjoyed them so much at the BBq's. I admired Evelyn's spunk in the face of her medical problems. She was a fine woman and will be deeply missed by everyone that had the pleasure of meeting her. Our hearts and prayers go out to Bobby and his family.

Terry and Cheryl and family

Ted Shrader
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Bobby -

My condolences to you and your family during this period of loss. You have many great memories of your life together. May those sustain you always.

Ted

Glenn Clabo
04-23-2004, 11:30 AM
It is such sad news...The loss of a spouse is so difficult and it touches home for me. I went through a loss 7 years ago. It is a most difficult time. My heart goes out to Bobby and his family.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-23-2004, 11:36 AM
I can never seem to find words to express my sympathy at time like this. I will keep Bobby and family in my thoughts and prayers.

Ken

Don Abele
04-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Bobby, my deepest and most heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family in this very difficult time. You will be in our prayers.

Scott Coffelt
04-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Praying for you and your family, Bobby.

Robert Ducharme
04-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I would also like to offer my condolences. God be with you

Waymon Campbell
04-23-2004, 1:13 PM
Bobby - My wife Fran and I send you our most heartfelt condolences at the loss of your wife. And I offer these words for reflection...

#########################
Togetherness

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way you always used to.
Put no difference into your tone,
wear no air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word it always was;
let it be spoken without effect, without the ghost of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was;
there is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind, because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well.
All will be as it was before, only better,
infinitely better.
We will be one together in Christ."

... Henry Scott Holland
#########################

Rob Littleton
04-23-2004, 1:49 PM
My family sends thoughts and prayers.

God bless you

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-23-2004, 2:33 PM
Bobby and family
Kay and I offer your our condolences.
We are deeply sadden by your loss
May your wife be an everlasting inspiration to whomever knew her and may she be inscribed in the "book of life" forever.
May god bless you and your family.
Daniel :'(

Jack Diemer
04-23-2004, 3:11 PM
Sorry to hear about Evelyn :( Please pass my condolences to Bobby.

I had the pleasure to meet her that day, she seemed really nice and patient to hang out while we all drooled over Terry's Shop.

Dave Richards
04-23-2004, 3:41 PM
Please include my condolences to Bobby. I wish him well.

Ken Salisbury
04-23-2004, 3:46 PM
My condolences to Bobby and his family. I remember Evelyn well from my visits to Terry's place. She was a delightfull lady.

Mark Mazzo
04-23-2004, 3:55 PM
My condolences to Bobby and his family. I hope he can find some strength in the wishes from those here on the Creek.

-- Mark

Steve Plunkett
04-23-2004, 4:02 PM
Bobby,
My sympathies are with you and your family.

Steve Plunkett

Dan Bussiere
04-23-2004, 4:05 PM
Bobby,
My condolences to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.
Dan

Earl Reid
04-23-2004, 4:06 PM
Bobby, We are very sorry to hear of your loss, You will be in our thoughs and prayers
Earl and Barbara Reid

Dick Parr
04-23-2004, 4:11 PM
Bobby, the wife and I send our condolences to you and your family. You are in our prayers.

Richard Allen
04-23-2004, 4:29 PM
Bobby, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, You are in my thoughs.

Frank Pellow
04-23-2004, 5:26 PM
Bobby, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that, in time, you will find solice in your woodworking. I know that I spend a lot of time in my mind sharing my woodworking and construction projects with departed loved ones.

Matt Bridges
04-23-2004, 5:31 PM
Bobby,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Matt

Chris Padilla
04-23-2004, 5:40 PM
In your time of need you can count on us for a shoulder, Bobby.

Sam Chambers
04-23-2004, 5:51 PM
Bobby:

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

Ed Falis
04-23-2004, 6:08 PM
Bobby,

I don't know you well - just your posts. But you have my condolences, and those of my family. Our good wishes go with you both.

- Ed

Joe Suelter
04-23-2004, 6:26 PM
Very sorry for your loss, Bobby. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Warren White
04-23-2004, 6:50 PM
I too offer my condolences. You and your family will certainly be in my prayers. God bless you with the comfort you need and the pleasant memories that will help see you through this most difficult time. I am very sorry.

Warren White

Bruce Page
04-23-2004, 7:39 PM
Bobby, please accept my heartfelt condolences to you, and your family.

Paul Downes
04-23-2004, 7:40 PM
So very sorry to hear about your loss Bobby. I couldn't help but notice that you were married to your dear Eveyln for as many years as I have been alive. That length of time is a testiment to the bond you have with her and though she is gone from this physical world, I will pray that you will see her again and that God will give you comfort and peace. While we never had the occaision to meet other than on the web, it has been clear to me that you are a person of consideration and kindness. Often is found a reflection of one spouse in the other, she must have been a remarkable person. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Martin Shupe
04-23-2004, 7:42 PM
Bobby,

Please accept our condolences.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dennis Peacock
04-23-2004, 8:00 PM
If anyone wants to send a card to Bobby PM me and I will get you his snail mail address.

Bob Lasley
04-23-2004, 9:24 PM
Bobby,

My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob

David Rose
04-23-2004, 9:29 PM
Hey Bobby, you "ole Grouch". You have meant an awful lot to me over the past few years with answers to my questions and other "nonsense". I remember Evelyn very well though I only spent a few hours with her at Terry's BBQs. I suffer with you at least a little. Not so much because of knowing either of you well, but for having gone through losing a spouse. Our life together was of much fewer years, but it gives me an inkling of what you are going through. I don't want to "cross any lines" here, but as we were both believers when my wife died it was almost as if I felt her passing as the "Lord's gain". It still hurts but it's not the same as some suffer. She is comfortable (what an understatement!) now.

Feel free to call me any time or PM or email me.

Your friend,

David

David Brown
04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
I am new here , but have enjoyed your post, I feel very comfortable here and I share your pain. You are in my prayers, Dave

Jason Roehl
04-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Bobby, we've all enjoyed your posts and presence here and other forums. You are most certainly in our thoughts and prayers, and we hope that you find peace and comfort in your time of loss.

John Miliunas
04-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Bobby, what can I possibly say that hasn't already been said? My condolences to you and your family and you are all in my prayers. Take care.

David Klug
04-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Bobby, I want to offer condolenses and our prayers for you and family.

DK

Randy Moore
04-24-2004, 9:10 AM
Bobby, So sorry to learn of you loss. Please accept the condolances of my wife, Pam, and I in your time of sorrow.

May God be with you.

Randy

Kelly C. Hanna
04-24-2004, 9:52 AM
I don't know what I would do if I lost my wife. Sorry to hear of your loss and we both send our condolences to you and the family.p

Terry Quiram
04-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Bobby

Connie and I are deeply saddened by your loss. The short time we spent with you and Evelyn was quality time. We remember Evelyn as a grand lady with a wonderful presence and much patience. Please know we are thinking of you.

Terry and Connie

Roger Fitzsimonds
04-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Bobby,

I am very sorry for your loss. My thought's and prayers are with you.

Roger

John Haylow
04-24-2004, 4:03 PM
Bobby.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this most difficult time.

Sincerely,

John Haylow

Tony Falotico
04-24-2004, 9:24 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said, Bobby you are in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest sorrow for your loss.

Tony.

Tyler Howell
04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Sorry for your great loss Bobby.