PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a problem updating X4 w/SP1?

Bill Cunningham
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I had a few minutes this afternoon between X4 crashes, and decided to update with SP1 .. Downloaded the upgrade, shut all other programs down, and started the upgrader.. Everything went perfect, no problems at all.. Until I tried to start Corel.. I got some kind of a runtime error, said some file was missing.. (never paid much attention I was too P.O'd) Corel would not start, and I had to restore the system just to get back to work.. Grrrrrrrr..

Anyone else have any problems? solutions?

Ed Bagley
07-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Bill, did you make sure your antivirus program and wndows firewall were all off?
Ed Bagley

Bill Cunningham
07-21-2008, 1:35 PM
Ya.. The file was appboxid.xls and they have a 'fix' for it on thier website, but it involves either regressing to a older version of microsofts xls parser in which case to have to 'uninstall' the old one and microsoft does not give you any info on how to do this.. that program is not in the uninstall portion, and doing a search finds it all over the place.. Second choice is to manually' rip out CDX4 and re-install the upgrade.. What a total farce ..who wrote this piece of crap upgrade anyway .. I'm going to tell them I'll send back my registered disk, and they can send me a new one with all the upgrades ready to go.. I don't have time to play around with some programmers nightmare!