PDA

View Full Version : Digital Level Question

Jimmy Anderson
07-15-2008, 6:54 PM
Would the torpedo version of Cman digital level serve as a substitute for the Wixey angle gauge? Or would I be wasting $20 on it this weekend.

glenn bradley
07-15-2008, 7:57 PM
I would go $20 more and have what you are after. I use mine so much, I'm grabbing another one as soon as I see a sale. I got one for my dad and it took him about 20 seconds to love the thing.

Tom Esh
07-15-2008, 9:22 PM
The level will probably work fine, but it's size might make it awkward in some situations. For example I just used the Wixey to square up my disc sander table. I imagine with a level most of it would have been hanging off the end waiting for me to bump it to the floor. I'd definitely go with the Wixey or Beal. They're especially great for those of us with old eyes. Beats the heck out of hunkering down over some machine with a square, flashlight, and feeler guage and then trying to find the correct spot on my glasses to eyeball the whole mess through. I get a neckache just thinking about it:)

Eric Wong
07-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Just bought a Beal Tiltbox. This thing is AWESOME! Miters have never been so easy.