PDA

View Full Version : Miter Saw Extension tables/fence in FWW, what issue?

Russell Tribby
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I remember seeing a FWW article, I think it was written by Gary Katz that showed some miter saw extension tables/fences. The fences could be attached to the saw and then had legs that were adjustable for height. I think he used the Kreg fence/track for the fence. Does anyone remember this article or what issue it was in? I looked on on the FWW website and, without an internet subscription, the best I can bet is that it was contained in issue #181, "Choosing and Using a Miter Saw". Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Jerome Hanby
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
This article shows building extension wings:

Choosing and Using a Miter Saw
Find the right saw for your work, then add a few helpful jigs and tricks
by Gary Katz

View PDF

Should you buy a compound-miter saw or a sliding compound-miter saw? What size blade? With the range of options available in the marketplace today, choosing a miter saw can be a confusing task. More than a dozen companies make them, each with three to five models, in prices that range from $100 to $900. The key, advises finish carpenter Gary M. Katz, is to find the right saw for the work that you do. This article covers the two main types of saw, explores the most common uses for miter saws, and explains what saw best fits each use.

From Fine Woodworking #181

Russell Tribby
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks Jerome.