PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience/success with lasertile/glass?

Kerry Smith II
07-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I am talking about the product from lasertile.com

Thanks

Lee DeRaud
07-14-2008, 1:36 PM
I like the tile, haven't tried the glass yet. Here's a piece from a couple months back:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=83851 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=83851&highlight=lasertile)

Steve McKee
07-14-2008, 8:22 PM
I've sold quite a few coaster with photographs on them. Haven't tried the glass yet either.

Steve

Donna Kobyluk
07-16-2008, 12:36 AM
;)Great products, but have not seen a full wall of the LaserGlass. Visit achievelaserengraving.com to see my engraved samples(wall photos are their computer generated) Would like to chat with others on their experience and see real wall examples.

Jack Harper
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
;)Great products, but have not seen a full wall of the LaserGlass. Visit achievelaserengraving.com to see my engraved samples(wall photos are their computer generated) Would like to chat with others on their experience and see real wall examples.

Donna,

What lens and settings did you use for the glass Lasertile?

James Aldrich
07-16-2008, 1:22 PM
I ordered their glass samples to give it a try. They told me you dont need to laser through the glaze unless you plan on color-filling. You just etch the glaze to darken it. I tried everything, and unless I lasered through the glaze, the image was so faint from the glass side you could hardly see it. If you laser through the glaze and color-fill it looks real nice. If you laser through and dont color-fill, the image will display the color of the adhesive used to apply it with a darker contrast where the glaze was darkened. I may have been doing something wrong when I sampled the tile, to not get a darker image to appear from the front. What I did get was a real light image.
Jim

Anthony Welch
07-16-2008, 6:42 PM
I did the same as James but bought two sample sets. Found that the darker colors did not do well at all, the lighter colors, OK. I'm figuring I have no market for these as well.

But the Laser Tiles is a different story. I do well with these and photographs are simple. No need to put image through Photograv. Just sample at gray scale and you are done.

Donna Kobyluk
09-09-2008, 4:12 PM
Jack,
I actually have the 3Score, LTM100, with 3-axis high speed galvo marking head.
Still on the hunt for a real installation of their LaserGlass.
Donna

Jim Huston
09-09-2008, 4:54 PM
I also bought some samples awhile back - when I did they told me they are discontinueing the glass line.

Jack Harper
09-09-2008, 7:16 PM
Actually, I spoke with 3Score today and they are only discontinuing their vector glass. Their LaserGlass is still a strong product for them.

Separately, Donna where are you located?

Donna Kobyluk
09-22-2008, 4:38 PM
Hi Jack,
I'm located in the SF Bay Area, California.
Donna

Zeev Goldin
10-22-2008, 2:01 PM
So Donna had any success yet with any large project?

Dave Johnson29
10-22-2008, 8:56 PM
I did the same as James but bought two sample sets

Hey Anthony,

I just checked their website and cannot find how to order the sample tiles. Do I have to sign up as a dealer?

Thanks

Brian Knuckles
07-23-2009, 1:21 PM
Hey Donna,

Saw you stuff on your site...really nice. I'm doing this as a hobby, but here is some of the things I did..
http://www.bearstats.com/images/LaserGlass.JPG