PDA

View Full Version : hello walls.........

Brad Hammond
04-22-2004, 6:21 PM
who sang that song? it wasn't jim reeves was it? harlan somebody?

anyway. we got the walls up for the shop today, and the concrete guy came buy today to ASK if he could pour today. HA! i wasn't expecting him till monday! so i've got a garage floor now as well and we'll put up the garage walls monday. the trusses should be here then as well, and the crane truck should be here on tuesday!!, maybe, just maybe, the metal roofer type guy can start next thursday or friday.
then the most unfortunate thing happens................ i have to go back on my regular work schedule. :(
oh well.
thanx all for looking.
cya later
brad

sorry for the picture quality..... i literally had a black cloud over my head.

Chris Padilla
04-22-2004, 6:33 PM
This is great, Brad...could you indulge us a tad more with a couple more close-up pics??? Purty please!!! :)

Brad Hammond
04-22-2004, 8:11 PM
lemme see if i can attatch all these.
the first is taken from the rear corner of the garage. shows the exterior entrance on the right and the 3/0 5/0 windows looking down onto the branch and woods. you can also see the beam we built for the 36ft span. the truss guys said i wouldn't have a problem with the span without support, but i thought i'd err on the side of "NOT GONNA SAG".
2nd pic is from the door corner of the garage. you can see the 8x7ft door in the rear and kinda see the walls for the john......hehe.
3rd pic is the rear of the shop. those are 3/0 3/0 windows. i plan on the miter box and ras to be on this wall and i was kinda copying norms wall here with the higher windows.
thanx for looking and thanx for the request chris. i hope they're not small. i tried to cut them down to save bytes and be nice to those like me who still have dialup.
cyall
brad

Jason Roehl
04-22-2004, 8:14 PM
who sang that song? it wasn't jim reeves was it? harlan somebody?
According to a quick Google search, the words and music were by none other than Willie Nelson, but sung by Faron Young, and (I'm going out on a limb here since I don't follow either kind of music--country or western) more recently sung by David Kersh.

BTW, thanks for the pics!! Can't wait to see it finished (but probably not as bad as you can't wait!)

Art Johnson
04-22-2004, 9:08 PM
Yup, Faron Young was the singer. One of my all time favorite C&W songs.

Cheers

Art