PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
07-14-2008, 7:57 AM
14 July 2008
Good Morning,

It's been a very busy time here at the Peacock place. It's been yard work galore because we've been getting rain that our lawn just loves and cutting grass has gotten expensive because of the price of fuel. But we won't go there now will we? Many veggies are coming in the garden and we are really liking the food quality that we get out of our garden, but it's also been a lot of work to keep the garden together and weeded.

I've been putting in a lot of hours at the day job lately and I'm oncall this week, so we all know what that means for me. But this will be ok as the LOML and my oldest son are packed up and about to head out to Alabama. The oldest son is staying with my parents for 2 weeks and the LOML is going to stay with her parents for 2 weeks due to the MIL having surgery. It's really tough on everyone because the FIL is legally blind with poor site in one eye and blind in the other, lost most of his hearing, and now he only has 14% kidney function and is about to start dialysis (sp?).

Needless to say, keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we enter into some hard and expensive times as we try and tend to various aged family needs and requirements.

No woodworking for me but I am gearing up for oncall this week as I expect it to be difficult at best.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Brian Penning
07-14-2008, 8:08 AM
Finished up this small stool of cherry and walnut with brass pins.
Based on a David Marks design.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/Bri68/IMG_3438.jpg?t=1216036629

Matt Meiser
07-14-2008, 8:29 AM
We took Friday off and went camping for the first time in our new camper. The additional room is nice, especially when it rains like it did Saturday afternoon and Sunday. We visited part of Ohio Amish country and went to the big flea market in Hartville, but the only thing I found was a 1HP motor for $15 that I couldn't pass up.

Clifford Mescher
07-14-2008, 8:35 AM
That is a real fine piece. Like the symmetry of the seat. Clifford

Jim Becker
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
I attempted to extend my weekend by taking Friday off, but there was still so much running around that the actual extra time I got was minimal. That said, I did accomplish much of what I intended to do which included finishing up the trim around the bay window in the great room and a good chunk of the heavy soil "redistribution" around our new front walkway and retaining wall.

Professor Dr. SWMBO got home from Shanghai late Saturday night (actually 1:30 Sunday morning...) so I'll have a little less "Mr Mom" duty this week.

Sunday afternoon, I also bought the girls their first bicycles and we should have them mid-week or so after the bike shop gets them assembled and tuned up. I want them to learn to ride before we do our summer vacation in Colorado as it opens up some more options for activities. Of course, that also meant ordering a bike rack for the car since it's not safe to ride anywhere here outside of our driveway...which also means I'll have to buy two more bikes in the recent future...:rolleyes:

At any rate, it's back to "Death by Conference Call" this week...maybe one of these days I can get back to some "fine woodworking" instead of doing trim carpentry and moving around piles of dirt. But I suspect not in the next few weeks...:o

Michael Schumacher
07-14-2008, 12:47 PM
My only plan for the weekend was to ride in the MS Bike ride - I planned on riding 50 miles, but due to a knee starting to get really sore around mile 32, I decided that it would be best to call it quits. I set my goal of fund raising of $2000, but I'm about $900 shy - so if any of you have any extra money that you would like to give to a good cause in hopes of finding a cure for MS, then follow this link (http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NENBikeEvents?px=3940589&pg=personal&fr_id=9334&s_tafId=76123). If this is against the TOS, then please remove this link and that is fine.

My wife and I with two other couples did an afternoon of making some "Make-A-Head" meals. We made 8 recipes, which gives about 15-18 meals when you figure in leftovers. It's a great way to save time in the future and have fun doing it.

The only other fun thing was cleaning the bike, fertilizing the lawn and running the sprinklers for the first time here in Omaha. Oh, did get to peak into the shop, but that was it.

Michael