PDA

View Full Version : Another 1st for Tennessee....

Dennis Peacock
07-13-2008, 9:17 PM
Copper Wire

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists
found traces of a copper-wire system dating back 100 years, and they
came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone
network more than 100 years ago.
------------------------------------------------
Not to be outdone by New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, California scientists dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, headlines in the LA Times newspaper read: 'California archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper-wire system and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.'
-------------------------------------------------
One week later, The Redneck Rebel Gazette in LaVergne , Tennessee ,
reported the following: 'After digging as deep as 30 feet in an empty field near Smyrna , Bubba Ray Johnson, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Tennessee had already gone wireless. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/sawdustar/emoticons/staff_muttley.gif

Steve Clardy
07-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Wheres the often missed ROFLOL smilie? :confused:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dennis Peacock
07-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Ok Steve...I fixed it fer ya. ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-13-2008, 11:55 PM
The same guy in Tennessee invented the palm pilot. You take a pen and write notes on the palm of your hand!:eek::rolleyes::D

Greg Cuetara
07-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Good Story. As I was passing it along to a friend this evening he told me that he had just dug down 3' into the ground to dig out a copper wire....lol. btw he is in New Hampshire...so I guess they just got phone service 30 years ago.

Steve Clardy
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok Steve...I fixed it fer ya. ;)

Oops. I meant in the smilies that are available here to use. :D

Belinda Barfield
07-14-2008, 6:35 PM
Thanks for the laugh Dennis from a technologically challenged individual (TCI for those acronym nuts)! Back when PDAs were first available I had several friends ask "Do you have a PDA yet?" I replied, "No! I much prefer the PAD!" You would not believe how many people were completely hung up by that response. They actually had to stop and think about it to determine if they had missed some new gadget. :D

mark page
07-14-2008, 9:34 PM
Loved the laugh, thanks.

Mark Stutz
07-15-2008, 6:45 PM
Good Story. As I was passing it along to a friend this evening he told me that he had just dug down 3' into the ground to dig out a copper wire....lol. btw he is in New Hampshire...so I guess they just got phone service 30 years ago.

I'd like to know where in NH one can dig down 3 feet! It looks like nothing but granite everywhere I've looked!:D

Rich Stewart
07-16-2008, 1:38 PM
I hit copper wire at 4 INCHES here in NJ. Boy, was that repairman mad. Called me every name he could think of. 4 pm Friday.

David G Baker
07-16-2008, 5:21 PM
I hit three heavy duty aluminum wires with my tractors front end loader last year. Not sure how we rate here in Michigan but the wires were at about 18 inches deep. Don't know what kind of invention it was hooked to but after I hit the aluminum things didn't light up in my two shop buildings. Not sure if it was a PDA but I am sure it was a PITA cause I had to do the fixin.

Dennis Peacock
07-16-2008, 5:27 PM
I hit three heavy duty aluminum wires with my tractors front end loader last year. Not sure how we rate here in Michigan but the wires were at about 18 inches deep. Don't know what kind of invention it was hooked to but after I hit the aluminum things didn't light up in my two shop buildings. Not sure if it was a PDA but I am sure it was a PITA cause I had to do the fixin.

Oh..!!!!! That's NOT good.!!! :eek:

David G Baker
07-16-2008, 5:31 PM
Dennis,
Actually it was not too bad, it was a learning experience and I found out I can splice underground wire if I need to.
No sparks, just popped the breaker.

Steve Clardy
07-16-2008, 6:54 PM
I hit copper wire at 4 INCHES here in NJ. Boy, was that repairman mad. Called me every name he could think of. 4 pm Friday.

Lol. I had a telephone repair man call me some bad names once.

I cut my own phone line, driving metal fence posts. :rolleyes:

Matt Ocel
07-16-2008, 7:39 PM
That reminds me of the time when my sewer and water guy hit a mis-located high pressure natural gas main.

He sat back in the seat of his back hoe, reached into his pocket, grabbed a marlboro, reached into another pocket for a lighter, I looked at him in disbelief and ask him, " do you think thats a good idea".

BTW he put the smoke in his pocket.

curtis rosche
07-16-2008, 7:46 PM
ha ha, thats funny, especial considering that they didnt have phones 200 years ago