PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen one of these yet???

Jim O'Dell
07-13-2008, 8:30 PM
I just read a post at WoodNet showing that Clear Vue came up with a pretty interesting set up for their mini Cyclone. 92458 Now it limits you to that particular Ridgid vac, but it sure makes for a nice arrangement. I have the older model of that vac, and it sure would be nice for doing drywall! Just thought I'd post it if anyone was interested. Jim.

jerry nazard
07-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Jim,

Nifty device - $240 - just may be worth it. I've got the same vac powering my central vac setup.

Gotta give it some thought.

Thanks!

-Jerry

Robert Payne
07-13-2008, 10:52 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, they have the CV06 Mini Cyclone on sale at 1/3 off. I had a colleague buy three of them yesterday! I love mine; works very well with mi 16 gallon ShopVac and the filter stays clean as a whistle.

Ron Journeau
07-15-2008, 10:45 AM
having read several of the pages from both Bill Pentz and Clearvue, I was determined to get the mini cyclone asap, but the stumbled onto the little one from Oneida, and now am doing the pro-con thing allover again...Any ideas?

http://www.dustdeputy.com/

mike holden
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Ron,
search for a comparison, saw one online awhile back and IIRC the clearvue was the better of the two by a substantial margin.
Mike

Ron Journeau
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
thanks Mike, will try doing a search later tonite

Don Bullock
07-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Ron, like anything else, it all depends on who is doing the review as to which one is best. I believe that Clear Vue biased its cyclones on Bill Pentz's design, but I'm not sure that is a reason to buy one of theirs. I can say that the mini cyclone that I have works well, but I don't have any experience with the other brand so I won't say which brand it is. Most of us are in that situation and really haven't tested both of them. The one that Jim pictured above sure would save a lot of problems by eliminating incompatible hose connections.

Matt Robinette
07-17-2008, 9:26 AM
I recieved my conversion lid from clearvue the other day it works great. I haven't used it for wood dust pick up yet but I did use it to pick up the dust from the one piece fiberglass tub and shower unit I cut up using a roto zip. It did it's job as advertised. I am somewhat biased as I have a Clearvue 1800 max in the shop. I have no other association with the company. I haven't used a Oneida dust deputy.