PDA

View Full Version : Small mobile base gloat

Peter Quinn
07-13-2008, 7:52 PM
There is a woodcraft about 45 minutes from me that is closing due to the owner retiring and the lease expiring. They are selling everything (except Festool of course) from 20%-50% off. I got my wife to give me a little time there on our way back from the beach, Sunday is family day, no work and NO TOOL SHOPPING. She loves a good sale as much as anyone.

I bought a few boxes of nails for my guns, a new tape measure and a few other small items. Much of what I was looking for had already gone. I'm standing outside calling my wife who is in another store shopping to tell her I've finished when in the window out of the corner of my eye I see a cardboard box with the words PMBS Mobile base written in marker. MANAGER'S SPECIAL: $25.:D

So, I run back inside, as I have a 14" Powermatic BS that has a marginal shop fox mobile base under it now. It is in fact the OEM welded base for my saw which sells for $160. Sold. Sorry no picture, but I swear it happened.

"Rolling rolling rolling, keep that bandsaw rolling....."

Michael Weber
07-14-2008, 11:21 AM
keep that bandsaw movin, Rawhide!
you suck

Danny Thompson
07-14-2008, 3:15 PM
What city?

Peter Quinn
07-14-2008, 7:00 PM
Orange CT Woodcraft is closing. Nice people. I will miss them.

Phil Thien
07-14-2008, 7:03 PM
Way to go Peter! Nothing better than finding a great deal on something so specific to your needs like that!