PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Dust Deputy

Don L Johnson
07-13-2008, 7:09 PM
I noticed there are two sizes...1 1/2" and 2". For those that have the units, is the extra 1/2" worth the $20+ dollars in price? Thanks,

Dan Bertenthal
07-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I would go with the 2" version. I have the original 1 1/2" version and am pleased with how it works for dust collection from my sanders, though I also like to use it to vacuum my shop floor and find that the hose tends to clog on handplane shavings. A larger diameter hose would probably reduce the clogging substantially and that is what I would go with if purchasing again.

I recommend their air hoses. They may seem expensive but they're industrial strength, and because they're clear it's easy to find any blockages.

Jeff Duncan
07-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Can't comment on the hose size, I got the original 1-1/2" also. All I can say is it works great once you find adapters for the tools. I really don't know why it's such a challenge for tool vendors to pick a standard size for dust collection. I have 2 DeWalt sanders several years apart and they don't even have the same size port:mad: Then there's the Kreg jig, the biscuit jointer, etc etc..
Makes me want to switch to the Festool and be done with it:rolleyes:
good luck,
JeffD

Phil B
07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I would recomend the 0" size meaning I wouldn't get one at all. I got one when they first came out, technically it never did work correctly using two different vac's and a 5 gal metal can.