PDA

View Full Version : FireFox 3 question this time....

Jim O'Dell
07-13-2008, 6:50 PM
Well, I had a pretty bad crash last weekend with the old computer. Tried all week to clean it up to make it usable, to no avail. So yesterday I reformatted the drive, and started over. Most is back in place, but I had FireFox 2 with a form fill addon that isn't available for 3 yet. The one that is available I can't get to work. I've tried for about 3 hours now. (Formfill) Too frustrated to keep at it. I tried to find FF2 to get back to where I was, but all the download sites for it are now linked to FF3 instead. I do like the page layout on FF3 better, especially the big back button. But I need a form fill add on that is easy to use. The other addon I had on FF2 you filled out the form once and hit a button in the drop down menu to capture it. I put that bookmark button next to it's related site in the bookmark toolbar, and it was very easy one button fill. Even did the radio buttons which was a bonus from what I used in NS 7.2.
So, can anyone help me? Or do I just need to wait until the other addon guys catch up to FF3? Thanks!! Jim.

Don Abele
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Jim, have you ever tried the Google Toolbar? It has a formfill feature that's really easy to customize. It also adds a Google search box on your toolbar menu and has a highlight feature that you can turn on to highlight the words you searched for. I've been using it for years and love it.

Be well,

Doc

David DeCristoforo
07-13-2008, 11:35 PM
2 bad you don't have a Mac. I could send you FF2....

BTW I think this download site still works for FF2:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html