PDA

View Full Version : Fraud warning

Randal Cobb
07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
All, I don't typically do this, but, I just wanted to share a little bit of information with you. I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans". The site basically is selling what is quoted on their site as: "A HUGE collection of woodworking plans". I figured for only $10, I would bite. The site leads you to believe you are buying a database full of plans for various projects, but it isn't; it's selling you a list of internet links to freely available plans. To make things worse, I picked 10 links at random, and only two (2) out of the 10 actually took you to the plans they were supposed to take you to; the other 8 were either 404 errors (page not found) or to one of the various BORG pages.

Yes, I should have read the refund policy. And, it's not the $10 that bugs me, it's the fact that they conned me in and I just don't want to see anyone else lose their money to these cheats.

Mike Goetzke
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Be careful, I also hear of a similar deal where the vendor sold the e-mail addresses.

Nathan Conner
07-13-2008, 1:10 AM
I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans".

Did you send a note to David? I'm sure he'd be interested to know the goings-on of his advertisers. Stuff like this is never good for business.

Randal Cobb
07-13-2008, 1:21 AM
I just went to David Marks' site to get contact information for whoever I need to email and I noticed the link is gone now. I think that whoever runs David's site either found out about it or someone else already informed them. Best of all, the link is gone now.

Pat Germain
07-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the warning. This could have been just a Google ad which cued on the word "woodworking" and pops up on any site with that word.

Ben Cadotte
07-13-2008, 6:00 PM
This is the same thing that is all over eBay. Discs for tools, plans, supplies. They just save a simple search list and sell it. It's not just woodworking, but any popular hobby.

Mark Hulette
07-14-2008, 9:13 AM
All, I don't typically do this, but, I just wanted to share a little bit of information with you. I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans". The site basically is selling what is quoted on their site as: "A HUGE collection of woodworking plans". I figured for only $10, I would bite. The site leads you to believe you are buying a database full of plans for various projects, but it isn't; it's selling you a list of internet links to freely available plans. To make things worse, I picked 10 links at random, and only two (2) out of the 10 actually took you to the plans they were supposed to take you to; the other 8 were either 404 errors (page not found) or to one of the various BORG pages.

Yes, I should have read the refund policy. And, it's not the $10 that bugs me, it's the fact that they conned me in and I just don't want to see anyone else lose their money to these cheats.

Randall- thanks for the heads up! I saw that same ad last week and was planning on getting it. Sorry for your $10 "lesson" but thanks for the tip!