PDA

View Full Version : Akeda Users

Russell Tribby
07-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I've had my jig for about 3 years now and have used it sparingly. I pulled it out today to make 5 half blind drawers and ran into some problems. I set up the snap in blocks on both sides of the jig so that I could cut one end and then flip it over to the other side and cut the opposite end. I used the little dot/dimple on the rail as a reference point to snap in the blocks. Only after I was done and attempted assembly did I realize that the little dot was not spaced equally in relation to the snap in block slots on both sides. This completely through off the alignment of the pieces. I've talked to Kevan Lear at Akeda in the past regarding the jig and I've sent him an email regarding this as well. I expect a reply from him seeing as how I received some of the best customer service I've ever had from him about 2 years ago. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if you would check your jigs to see if the dots/dimples are equally aligned.

Russell Tribby
07-13-2008, 9:13 AM
Am I the only one that owns an Akeda jig?

Greg Sznajdruk
07-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Russell:

I’m sure that you will get a response from the members; I know it can be frustrating when you have a problem. The time of the year is most likely why you have not had a response. It’s raining this morning and that why I’m on the forum, other wise I’d be working on my tractor.

Hang in there.

Greg