PDA

View Full Version : Roughing

Sean Troy
07-12-2008, 3:04 PM
The girls want back in the shop so I need to finish a stack of bowl blanks. I can't keep them waiting to long.

curtis rosche
07-12-2008, 3:11 PM
just a few shavings there?

Bruce Pennell
07-12-2008, 6:57 PM
Sean you need to add some lifts to the legs of your PM, you could turn forever with out cleaning up the chips. About two months ago I had a pile that filled up my 3/4 yard bucket on my backhoe. Makes it easy to dump out in the back 40! Looks like you must of had a real good time making shavings. Keep up the good work...Bruce
PS Can't wait to see the finished bowls.

Sean did it bother your back to stand on the pile while turning. I noticed it after I was done that day, my back and neck were out of shape from standing on 4" of shavings. You just have to love your PM chip maker.

Bernie Weishapl
07-12-2008, 7:02 PM
Looks like you have did a bowl or two. I like the shavings on the floor as they help my knee's. I don't have as much knee pain and can stand longer so don't clean mine to often.

Sean Troy
07-12-2008, 7:41 PM
Sean you need to add some lifts to the legs of your PM, you could turn forever with out cleaning up the chips. About two months ago I had a pile that filled up my 3/4 yard bucket on my backhoe. Makes it easy to dump out in the back 40! Looks like you must of had a real good time making shavings. Keep up the good work...Bruce
PS Can't wait to see the finished bowls.

Sean did it bother your back to stand on the pile while turning. I noticed it after I was done that day, my back and neck were out of shape from standing on 4" of shavings. You just have to love your PM chip maker.
It actually helps my back standing on the shavings ( or french fries as my youngest calls them) and if they get to high, I just kick them out of the way.