PDA

View Full Version : Got some new (used) tools. GLOAT

Matt Hutchinson
07-12-2008, 1:04 PM
Well, I bought some sweet machines yesterday. I don't have them at myhouse yet, but I am now the proud new owner of a 3 hp Unisaw, and a 8" Delta jointer. WOOHOO! I am so excited, I can't contain myself, but when I have them in the garage I will post some pics. Here are some low quality pics of the tools. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/tls/748031120.html

Now I am really close to having a nice shop setup. Ok, so the shop itself is ugly and needs insulated and such, but the tools are nice! All I have to do now is buy or make a rotary phase converter, and repair a couple machines, and I am good to go. Sweet!

Hutch

NICK BARBOZA
07-12-2008, 1:13 PM
good score! decent prices too.

do you have 3 phase at your house for the UNI?

good luck!
Nick

Ben Cadotte
07-12-2008, 1:15 PM
Come on man, where are the pics / proof. :rolleyes::D

Which cabinet saw did you get? Sounds like both needed a little TLC.

Congrats.

Matt Hutchinson
07-12-2008, 1:40 PM
Both tools are 3 phase, and I have a 5 HP 14" Rockwell Turret RAS (Model 40CL) that's 3 phase as well (I have to re-lead the motor to 220V - about $200). I am in the process of deciding if I want to make or buy a RPC. I can get a 10 HP (TEFC) converter for $700 after shipping, and I have no idea how much it would cost to make one. If I could find a used one locally that would be ideal.

As far as condition, the jointer is in tip top shape. A little underpowered at only 1/2 HP, but I can deal with that (I see a motor upgrade in its future). I went for the Unisaw with the arbor problem. Everything on the Unisaw is in great shape, but the arbor had a groove worn in it from use while not having the blade tightened properly. The bearings appeared fine, so the fix is only $108 + shipping (new arbor). I got the Unisaw for $350, and the Beisemeyer fence is in fine condition. I got the jointer for $400. I wanted the jointer for less, but there was heavy interest in the tools, and I didn't want to get out-offered. It was such a great opportunity, and local! I can't wait to take these puppies for a spin!! :D

Hutch

Jacob Mac
07-12-2008, 5:05 PM
Wow, nice find. I have been searching craigslist in Kansas city for a deal on a table saw like that with no luck.

I'm looking forward to pics and an update on how it runs after you get it fixed.