PDA

View Full Version : Big things about to happen in North Texas!

Jerry Stringer
04-22-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm not a member of the groups involved, but here is what I'm being told about an upcoming Turn-A-Ton in McKinney, Texas, on May 15, 2004, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. McKinney is a suburb on the north side of Dallas.

It's being sponsored by Curly Woods of McKinney. They are an exotic hardwood and figured wood dealer and have a neat website at:

http://www.curlywoods.com

It's called the Curly Woods Turn-A-Thon and I know that the following groups will be there turning:

Hunt County Woodturners
Woodturners of North Texas
Dallas Area Woodturners

They are looking at having at LEAST 15 lathes going, donuts and coffee, and even a catered lunch for all the turners!!!!! :D If the weather is nice, they expect to set up lathes in the parking lot as well - you don't have to be a member of any of the clubs to turn pens, but you might, however, want to consider bringing your own lathe, tools, sandpaper, and other supplies because it sounds like the lathes are filling up fast!

These guys are pulling NO PUNCHES!! They've let me know in no uncertain terms that they are out to set a record for a turn-a-thon. They're already getting blanks cut, tubes glued, and even have a real schedule . . . written down on paper!!! How organized is that???

The media is being contacted and is expected to cover the event as well. I'm going to try and make it for the day. If anyone else is close to the Dallas-Fort Worth Area, put it on your calendar to show up!

A link on the front page of the FPP site would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jerry

Don Farr
04-22-2004, 4:50 AM
Sounds great Jerry.....As always you texas boys do things in a BIG way.
Good luck.

Jackie Outten
04-22-2004, 7:06 AM
Jerry,

A link has already been put on the Freedom Pens site.

Thanks.

Jackie Outten