PDA

View Full Version : Job Offer I rec'd

Joe Pelonio
07-10-2008, 6:52 PM
I wonder is this is another scam (note they use free gmail) where maybe they make the person pay some kind of advanced fee, or if they really do want their English to be corrected. Hmmm, I wonder if they thought about correcting this e-mail before it went out...

Good Day,

We offer a part time job on you computer.

Job Description:

We will provide you with the texts for our employees with the important information and you will correct the texts as an english speaking person and send them back to us.

Salary:

We don't have fixed salary for this vacancy. We will pay you $7.00 for every 1Kb of the corected text. You will get paid at the END of each month. Every month your salary will be different as it depends on your activity.

Example: If you correct about 5Kb of texts per day you will get over $1000.00 at the end of the month.

Requirements:

-Home computer, e-mail address and Microsoft Word
-Responsibility

To apply for job please send us the following information to:

(email here)@gmail.com
Phone number (home or cell, but SHOULD BE available any day time):
E-MAIL:
EDUCATION:
AVAILABLE HOUR TO WORK WITH US:
----------

As soon as we revise your aplication we will contact you within 24 hours.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Awaiting for your application.

With respect
Dating Group Team

Dennis Peacock
07-10-2008, 7:50 PM
Well now....don't that look just like "fun"???

I had to run it through my English translator so I could figure out what they were saying. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2008, 8:49 PM
Correcting email spelling for a Dating Group Team? :eek:

Joe Pelonio
07-10-2008, 9:36 PM
Correcting email spelling for a Dating Group Team? :eek:
Well, perhaps it's for people here to date people in China, Russia, or maybe . . Nigeria?

John Schreiber
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Congratulations. You must feel so honored.

David G Baker
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Joe,
By the way, they will need your checking account information in order to direct deposit your earnings and they will need your Social Security number for income tax purposes.
Sounds like a great Nigerian employer to me, where can I sign up? :D

Walt Caza
07-11-2008, 1:44 AM
Good One Joe,
I wanted to touch upon this, but I could not find my ten foot pole!
It just never ends on the net...
Congratulations on your prestigious offer!
Colourful stuff,
thanks for the chuckle,
Walt
:)

John Schreiber
07-11-2008, 2:07 AM
The scam's I've been hearing about recently are the ones where they claim to either know something about you that they will release unless you pay them, or the one where they say that they have been hired for $10,000 to kill you, but if you give them $20,000 they won't do it.

A local lady fell for the 2nd one recently.

Belinda Barfield
07-11-2008, 3:05 PM
Wow Joe! So, when are you giving up your day job? Better hurry, this offer won't last. Funny, I don't see where they offered you a free set of steak knives if you call now.

Lee Schierer
07-11-2008, 3:41 PM
Salary:

We don't have fixed salary for this vacancy. We will pay you $7.00 for every 1Kb of the corected text. You will get paid at the END of each month. Every month your salary will be different as it depends on your activity.

Example: If you correct about 5Kb of texts per day you will get over $1000.00 at the end of the month.

Requirements:

I'd fix up the mistakes and send it back with an invoice attached for $140.00 for services rendered, as when you save their email in Word it is a 20 KB file. My guess is you will never hear from them.

Tom Saurer
07-12-2008, 2:23 PM
I know very few businesses that operate with a gmail account. I know even fewer the cold call people asking people if they want to work for them.

Pat Germain
07-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Too funny! Don't be tempted to respond at all. Doing so will confirm your email address is valid and that someone reads it. This will open the door to even more scams and spam.