PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an extra issue of American woodworker July?

Bill Wyko
07-10-2008, 12:35 AM
I still have not been able to find a copy of the July issue of American Woodworker. They featured A turning I did in a corner of a page. I'd like to find a copy for my portfolio. (It's the first piece I had in publication:)) Thanks.

gary Zimmel
07-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Bill

I have a copy of it. I will try and find another one but if I don't you can have my copy.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks Gary. I'll PM you my address. If I can ever be of any help to you, let me know.

Dewey Torres
07-10-2008, 1:28 AM
Bill,
I am sure Gary's copy will work for you but you knew I had a copy as I may have been the one who alerted you of your successful publication:).

I am very happy for you. Your work stood out in such a way that I thought it had to be your work at the first glance when I read the magazine. I can send you my copy if you would like a backup that stands outside the breath taking, double dovetailed, and proudly veneered shadow box you are about to create for it... heck I would be honored.

At any rate, Malcolm Tibbitts , as you know and a fellow Creeker, is for some, the "spoken word" among segmented turners. I think you both both belong among the same league.

Now... I know he certainly has more publications and notoriety than you do,

(Please Malcolm, if you read this, I am trying to complement Bill here)

but you are both naturals at wood working; let alone segmented turnings. Are you guys buddies by chance?

I have spotted your work on the Incra website, here on SMC, and now AWW. WOW I bet Malcolm could remember back to the turning point. I hope this is it for you as well~

I am overwhelmed that you agreed to be one of my 3 friends here on SMC. Please send my best wishes to your father for a swift and full recovery!

Dewey

Bill Wyko
07-10-2008, 1:44 AM
Thanks Dewey. Sorry I didn't contact you. My days are running together lately:o I would love a copy to put under lock & key too.:). Malcolm and I have been in contact regularly. I haven't had much time on the computer lately so I'm catching up.:D One of the reasons I started segmented turning and tried a vessel so complex was because of Malcolms book. He's given me lots of great advice. His work is an inspiration. I just wish I had more time in the shop.:rolleyes:

Bill Wyko
07-10-2008, 3:18 PM
Thanks guys. I just got my issue in the mail a minute ago. I won't mind some extras though.:D