PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 1035 shaper

Dave Lehnert
07-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Anyone own the 1035? Good shaper for home shop or any other info? http://www.grizzly.com/images/pics/jpeg500/g/g1035.jpg

James Suzda
07-10-2008, 5:43 AM
I've got one, and my son has one. Although I don't use mine that often. If you decide to get one be sure to order the router bit chuck for it.
The 1035 makes a super router table for big router bits.

Dana Vogel
07-10-2008, 6:12 AM
I bought mine used with all the accessories about 300.0 worth including extension table, 1/4 & 1/2 router adapters, dust collector fitting, the shop fox coping sled for 400 so for the price and what I got I am very happy with it but if i had not found this good deal I would have opted for a larger 3hp grizzly.

Ed Peters
07-10-2008, 6:29 AM
It's a great all around machine but nearly useless (IMO) without the extension table. Mine is permanently equipped with my panel raiser/back cutter tooling and handles it very well.

Ed

Micheal Roth
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I've got one and it works great. I bought it instead of a router and table because it was way less expensive than having to buy a separate disignated router and router table. Plus you get a cast iron table top with the grizzly shaper.

Russ Massery
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
It's a good unit mines around 10 years old now. Great for making raised panel doors,cope and stick joints. I extended the table on the sides, I found it a little small. The front table extension is a must. Plenty of power, the router the collet is a waste of time unless you have larger bits to run in it. Not enough speed for the smaller ones. Hope it helps.

Russ

Ed Bamba
07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
To the OP, please forgive me for hijacking; I purchased this same shaper unsed from an estate sale. It only came with the miter gauge and the router bit adapter. My question is: should I order the fence assembly and the rest of the ancillary components, or should I just make a shop-made fence?

Ed

bud montague
07-14-2008, 7:39 PM
I have the G 1026 3hp and its a great machine.

Jack Briggs
07-15-2008, 8:19 AM
I have a G1035 and find it a heck of a lot of tool for the money. The limiting factor, however, is the spindle size. I am using mine to patter cut guitar bodies, mostly. There is only enough height on the spindle to accommodate 2" of cutter plus a rub collar for the pattern. To get a longer spindle you have to go to a bigger machine. But it does do pretty well for only 1.5 HP.

Jim King 200
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I ordered the router bit chuck for mine. I since ordered 3 more collets. ALL are bad. The center hole is not centered. Off about .008" which makes a heck of a wobble. Grizzly has a nice machine, but that particular part will negate all the positives of the machine. I believe Rockler sells a good quality collet that will fit. I just havent taken the time or use my machine with 1/4" router bits.