PDA

View Full Version : Just because, really.

Darren Null
07-09-2008, 8:08 PM
Thanks muchly to RM. I cannot even begin to state my appreciation for someone who -knowing I'm on a different continent and skint- would post me some stuff that may help. R, I thank you. And will reciprocate.

EDIT: Don't copy the dragon please. I stole it and removed the watermark- it was a present for free (that I was giving to somebody) and that was the nicest dragon I saw. It was a 1-off personal present and I ate the cost of the materials. The dragon is a good luck symbol and the Chinese writing also means good luck.

Fu - Blessing, Good Fortune, Good Luck
Fu is one of the most popular Chinese characters used in Chinese New Year. It is often posted upside down on the front door of a house or an apartment. The upside down fu means good luck came since the character for upsite down in Chinese sounds the same as the character for came.

EDIT AGAIN:
Yeah, I know it's not very good, but it's the sentiment that counts. Hmmmkay? And I missed the centre by quite a margin. C'est la vie.

Frank Corker
07-10-2008, 3:25 AM
I'm sure your friend will be very happy with it. I just don't understand why you have put "My feet smell like cheese" next to the dragon. What is the material that you used, is it marble?

Darren Null
07-10-2008, 9:50 AM
Yep, marble. I was trying multi-colour filling and I have to say that I haven't mastered it.

Dan Hintz
07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I just don't understand why you have put "My feet smell like cheese" next to the dragon.
<chuckle> That's wrong to even suggest that :p Give the poor guy a heart attack... at least it's not for an Asian client!

Darren Null
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
at least it's not for an Asian client!
...actually...it is.

I did check it and cross-reference it on 3 different websites before burning it though. I don't know about heart attack. Mild frisson of alarm and checking it again a 4th and 5th time is all I'm admitting to...
=8-)

Anyway, I went past there yesterday and they waved happily at me. If they'd chased me down the road waving their choppers I'd be worried.