PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Heart lit up?

Lisa Walter
07-09-2008, 5:05 PM
I had a request today for an acrylic heart as a cake topper. I can find those pretty easily, but she also asked if I could find a lighted one. Has anyone heard of these? Or knows of where I can find something like this? She understands she will have to hide the lighting mechanism with some fresh flowers or something......

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Kenneth Hertzog
07-09-2008, 5:14 PM
Lisa

how big of a heart are you trying to light up?
is it clear acrylic cut in the shape of a heart with names engraved?
I have some short LED strips that can be used with a battery pack.
what color are you looking for?

ken

Joe Pelonio
07-09-2008, 6:11 PM
If you search here, some of us have posted led light sources before, including the battery ones.

The trick is in the mounting!

Lisa Walter
07-09-2008, 6:21 PM
They didn't specify a size heart (looks like a little over 4 inches seems to be the common size for a cake topper). They said the wedding is red and white with just a touch of black so probably a red lighted heart would be good. I remember the posts of people who love working with the led lights.....I am not sure I want to get into making a mount for the heart if I can find a heart that comes with a mount. I don't think I'll make enough on this job to justify spending more time on it to make it's own mount. Know what I mean? I think sometimes we (laser people) spend a lot of time making something just perfect and never get paid for the time we actually spend doing a job. AMEN!

Michael Kowalczyk
07-09-2008, 7:10 PM
Hey Lisa,
here is a quick sample of one. I engraved the heart to show more light but when you cut away from the bottom the light fades. I could do it reversed so the heart outline and text are just etched. Let me know if this is on the right path.

Dan Hintz
07-09-2008, 9:07 PM
One of my Minis would be perfect for something like this...
http://www.Hi-TecDesigns.com/store/agora.cgi
Select "Interior" from the left-hand column...
http://www.hi-tecdesigns.com/store/picserve.cgi?picserve=/Mini_Light.jpg

Darren Null
07-09-2008, 10:18 PM
The trick is in the mounting!
That is all.