PDA

View Full Version : Excel help

Lee Schierer
07-09-2008, 3:48 PM
In a cell on a MS Excel spreadsheet (Office 2003), can you link to a particular MS Outlook email so that when you click it would open up the email? I can do it with photos and other word documents, can it be done with an email?

John Schreiber
07-09-2008, 4:57 PM
In my 2007 version of Excel, I can type an email address into a cell and hit enter, then the address comes up as a hyperlink. When I click on the hyperlink, my mail program opens up and has that address in the To: field.

If that doesn't work in 2003, you might need to type in "mailto:" and then the address.

Hope that helps.

In a cell on a MS Excel spreadsheet (Office 2003), can you link to a particular MS Outlook email so that when you click it would open up the email? I can do it with photos and other word documents, can it be done with an email?

Prashun Patel
07-09-2008, 5:03 PM
If I understand you correctly, you want a particular email msg to pop up when you click on the cell. If yes, this is the only way I know to do it:

Highlight your email msg from the preview pane.
Cut and paste it to a location on yr harddrive.
Go to excel, and insert a hyperlink and specify the newly created file as the destination.
When it opens, it'll LOOK just like the email message.

I don't think Outlook has an index that can be accessed by an excel as easily as the Windows file system's index can.