PDA

View Full Version : Wearable pins

Carla Macioci
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I have some marching band moms who want me to make wearable pins for them, so that they can attach marching band charms to them with jump rings. I'm not sure what to make these out of. I was thinking acrylic, then I could do them in school colors, but worry about them being breakable. I then thought about wood, but didn't want to have to paint them the school colors. Any ideas? Thanks so much.
Carla

Joe Pelonio
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Acrylic is breakable, but as long as the shape has no thin bits or sharp edges
it should be fine. A small piece is harder to break. Do a sample then try to break it.

Bill Cunningham
07-13-2008, 7:59 PM
I have done something similar I think for squaredance groups.. They use a name badge with a row of holes along the bottom.. When ever they are doing something special. I make 1/2" dia. 'dangle' (their word, not mine), with the location or dance info/logo/etc. engraved. These are 1/2 circles with a hole at the top, and a tiny wire clip (like a keyring circle) holds the dangle to the main badge.. All pieces are cut from ordinary Romark laserables in various colours to suit what ever colour scheme they need for that particular 'hoedown'