PDA

View Full Version : New Porter Cable Biscuit Jointer

Gary Lange
07-07-2008, 9:56 PM
I bought a new jointer today so I could make biscuit joints around the router table top and attach the oak boarder. I must say I surprised myself with this as it came out beautiful and it was the first time I have ever used one. This may be the last time it ever comes out good for me. It is a very healthy machine and did a fine job for me. The router table is coming along fine and I am looking at a 3 1/2hp Milwaukee Router for it along with a lift. Is this a couple good choices or do I just need a plate for the router?

Kevin Stobb
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I to just bought that biscuit jointer not too long ago, I absolutely love it, super smooth, and easy adjustments. The only problem I ran into was when I switched to the small blade for cutting FF size biscuits. I re-installed the bottom plate to what I considered snug. When I went to put the larger blade back on I stripped out all 4 screw heads, and they seemed to strip pretty easily. I just easy outed them, and replaced them with stainless steel allen wrench style screws...not a problem since. If thats the only problem I have with it, I will be very happy.

glenn bradley
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
If you mean the 557, that is a great biscuit joiner. I hardly used mine and sold it. Wish now I hadn't. I ran the 5625 without a lift for a couple years. I pick up my Woodpecker PRL tomorrow.