PDA

View Full Version : One Toy For Another

Johnny Fischer
07-07-2008, 6:46 PM
YEP, I sold some of my WW equipment to get a new toy.
http://www.nokomismarine.com/cgi-bin/SearchEngine/jsp/photo_gallery.asp?boatid=1081273&vehicleType=N&picpos=0

And I LOVE IT.:D:D:D:D:D

Mike Henderson
07-07-2008, 8:18 PM
Remember the old saying - there are two great days in the life of a boat owner: The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Mike

Jim King
07-07-2008, 8:23 PM
I used to own a boat company and the other saying is " a hole in the water to throw money into ".

Reed Wells
07-07-2008, 9:09 PM
Seaweeeeeeeet!!!

Ron Jones near Indy
07-07-2008, 9:25 PM
Nice boat! I hope you feel the same way about it in a year.

Heather Thompson
07-07-2008, 9:26 PM
Nice Boat,

Where are you going to put the tablesaw and such?

Heather

John Keeton
07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Let me make sure I understand this. You sold machines with which you can produce items of value with a possible return/profit and self satisfaction in order to buy something that uses gasoline like a hog eats corn, costs a fortune to store/dock/ and requires a large truck with a towing package to get from point A to point B. Not to mention the insurance cost and the fact that you can't make anything with it. Did I get that right?

On the other hand, that is one fine looking boat. Enjoy life, you get one pass thru - make it good!

Johnny Fischer
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Answers to all of the above.
#1) Life is an expense within itself.
#2) I am going to invest the time, yes, and money into becoming a certified marine tech just so I can officially repair my own boat motor & outdrive if neccessary for a number of reasons.
A) Service dealers are charging $109.00/hr for repairs outside the manufacturers warranty.
B) Well, you know the old saying, if you want something done right then do it yourself.
#3) I have raised 4 children, had my own business & worked most of my life 7 days a week.
Its time to slow down & start relazing every minute I can enjoy life.
I love boating, fishing & everything else to do with the sea.
#4) I also got the entire package deal for $22K under MSRP not to mention a new trailer, 3yr extended warranty, an awsome Garmin GPS/FISHFINDER Combo unit, 100 hr service & a full tank of fuel, (82 gal's)Can beat that.
I still have my WW shop & enjoy spending time in the shop.
As to the boat being a hole for my financial account.
Let me put it this way, the last project I purchased lumber & hardware for cost me $1700.00
I would rather spend it on fishing equipment, nautical toys, etc. & dissappear over the horizon for a week or two.
We're taking a deep sea fishing trip in 2 weeks. Will post pic's of whatever we pull up.
See ya folks

John Keeton
07-08-2008, 6:13 AM
Johnny, sounds reasonable to me! Looking forward to seeing the pics of some monster fish! Have fun and be safe.

Mitchell Andrus
07-08-2008, 8:09 AM
Oh, oh. Mid-life crisis alert.

Randy Davidson
07-08-2008, 8:16 AM
Oh, oh. Mid-life crisis alert.
Better than an overweight, hair impaired dude in a red convertible.

Have fun man, it's a beauty.

Joe Skinner
07-08-2008, 1:27 PM
For about the same money, you could have had one of these

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?id=178132

maybe not the best fishing platform, but talk about enjoying life.

But maybe that is just me. Hope you enjoy the boat.

Jeffrey Makiel
07-08-2008, 1:31 PM
I figured you for a wooden boat. :)
-Jeff :)