PDA

View Full Version : Tradesman 14" band saw

steve denison
07-06-2008, 9:35 PM
I just picked us a "like new" 14" Tradesman bandsaw model 8157. The saw is a taiwan import, but the quality seems good. I will be replacing my Jet 12" with this 14" because it has a 1HP motor and I want to get a riser block and resaw veneer. I couldn't pass up the saw because it came with a Craftsman RAM that qualifies for the Emmerson rebate. Total price for both saws $100 - $100 (rebate) = FREE!!!

I did some searching on the Tradesman saw and can't find any info on it. The manual that came with it shows a riser block as available. Any ideas on finding one?

Any thoughts?

Brandon Shew
07-07-2008, 9:46 PM
I did some searching on the Tradesman saw and can't find any info on it. The manual that came with it shows a riser block as available. Any ideas on finding one?

Any thoughts?

Good luck. A few months back I was looking at a Tradesman that needed some minor work for $50. I looked all over the net and I couldn't find anything. No source for parts or any aftermarket support is available as far as I could find. Fortunately I didn't buy it or I would have been stuck with a non-working saw.

Pete Bradley
07-07-2008, 9:58 PM
It's likely that this machine was sold under many different brand names. You might want to see if it (or at least the riser block) matches up with a Grizzly model.

Pete

Carlos Alden
12-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Steve:

I just saw one on my local Craigslist, and googled it. Found a source for parts and accessories:

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/tradesman_bandsaw.html

Do you like it? It might be worth going to look at this one locally.

Carlos