PDA

View Full Version : Festool Of 1400 Table Mode Using Raised Panel Cutter

Andy Corleone
07-06-2008, 4:21 AM
Hi this is my first post here BTW great Forum :D , I have one question: somebody have tried the festool of1400 router with raised panel cutter in a router table? or is pushing to hard the router? :o

Chris Rosenberger
07-06-2008, 8:04 AM
Welcome to the Creek Andy. You can use the 1400 in a router table with a raised panel bit. You would not want make a one pass cut. You would want to make the cut in several passes. You can do this by starting with the bit set lower and raise it slightly until you get to the proper depth. Or do it by setting bit at the desired depth & adjusting the fence after each pass.

Jim Becker
07-06-2008, 9:54 AM
Andy, while you "can" use the OF1400 in a table, it's not really designed for that purpose. It's optimized in design for hand-held use. But as Chris points out, it will pretty much work like any ~13 amp router and will swing the panel cutters just fine, albeit with a desire for a few more intermediate cuts for best results.

Andy Corleone
07-06-2008, 4:38 PM
:D:D:D thnnx for clear my doubts. :D:D:D

Peter Quinn
07-06-2008, 6:23 PM
A vertical panel raiser and a tall fence might make it easier on both the 13A router and user. You still need to take several passes but they are easy to adjust with 1/8" hardboard shims against the fence. Once the panels reach a certain size this gets cumbersome but its pretty effective for smaller panels with mid sized routers, and you don't have to worry about how big the hole in the base is.