PDA

View Full Version : Finally back in the shop

Raymond Overman
07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
My in-laws and niece and nephew came by yesterday and we grilled for the fourth. I haven't really been in the shop for a month but my five year old nephew asked if Uncle Onion (he couldn't quite say Raymond when he was smaller) could show him how to do "wooden pottery"? His father does some pieces in clay so he was curious how it worked on the lathe.

His dad and I got him fitted as best we could with a face shield and I showed him a few things with a small scrap of holly I had laying around. He was happy with his bowl when we finished but was of course impatient as a five year old when the turning part was over and the sanding and finishing part began.

Good times...

Richard Madison
07-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice work Raymond. It takes a special person to teach the little ones. Not everyone has what it takes.

Steve Schlumpf
07-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Raymond - looks like you had a great time! The photo says it all!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2008, 1:22 AM
Raymond....You know I'm going to do it.......Great job Uncle Onion! It doesn't get any better than that!

Barry Elder
07-06-2008, 8:06 AM
Dear Raymond,

This country will never have enough "Uncle Onions"!! Without people like you, woodturning is an old man's hobby, and dying. Everyone needs to teach someone to turn!

Bernie Weishapl
07-06-2008, 9:22 AM
Great job Uncle Onion.:p;) That is great Raymond. It looks like you had a wonderful time with him.

Jim Becker
07-06-2008, 9:44 AM
Good uncle! Good uncle!