PDA

View Full Version : carriage goes home

Bill Morrison
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I have 30W Accuris and after manually focusing on the material I sent the file, hit run, and the carriage heads to the home position. I manually placed the carriage away from the home position and tried it again and the same thing happened. I tried a different file, one that I had used before but the same thing happened. Reloading the driver had no effect. Anybody have and ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Bill

Steven Smith
07-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I have 30W Accuris and after manually focusing on the material I sent the file, hit run, and the carriage heads to the home position. I manually placed the carriage away from the home position and tried it again and the same thing happened. I tried a different file, one that I had used before but the same thing happened. Reloading the driver had no effect. Anybody have and ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Bill
Never mind I missed your part about the driver...

Richard Rumancik
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Are you sure you haven't set something in the driver that makes the files appear as "blank"? Don't know your driver, but for example if you told it to raster-only but the file contained vector only, it would think it was "done" without doing anything.

Bill Morrison
07-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys for the input. It was one of those "Duh" things. I reloaded the driver but didn't reboot so the old stuff was still in there. I redid the whole driver thing and it worked just fine. I didn't think it was a raster vs. vector thing because I pulled up a vector file that had worked earlier and it did the same thing wrong. But it;s working now, whew.

Bill