PDA

View Full Version : NE Finial

Dave Stoler
07-04-2008, 5:18 PM
Here,s a jarrah burl box with birds eye maple lid and jarrah burl natural edge finial. 8 in. high and approx. 4 in wide.
This is a twist on Keith Burns finial.I hope I didn,t do a major "faux pau" sp.?
Plus I,ve included a couple pics of a lidded goblet? of marblewood approx. 11 in high by 4in. wide.

Bernie Weishapl
07-04-2008, 6:50 PM
Dave I do like it. That is a beauty. The lidded goblet looks good and the wood is really nice.

Steve Schlumpf
07-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Couple of interesting pieces Dave! The Jarrah burl box reminds me of Keith Burns' flat top series. Nice! The lidded goblet is a pretty busy piece! Beautiful wood, lots of detail work and the captured ring on the finial is something different! Really like the grain pattern on the goblet!

Dave Stoler
07-05-2008, 5:51 AM
It was Mr. Burns I was thinking of.

Gregg Feldstone
07-05-2008, 7:23 AM
Great looking pieces!!! I have some marblewood and was thinking of using it for peppemills and saltmills. Any reason this wood might not be good for this??

Wes Henson
07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Dave you did an amazing job on the gobblet lit. The grain matches wonderfully, it flows really well across the seam.

Dave Stoler
07-05-2008, 5:02 PM
I see no reason why the marblewood couldn,t be used with food.But i,m no authority.It is the first wood that has affected my sinus'.