PDA

View Full Version : Mod for Rikon 10-325 fence

Curt Harms
07-04-2008, 3:56 PM
I wanted to be able to use a fence on either side of the blade on my Rikon Band Saw. The thing that makes it a little tricky is the blade slot is forward instead of off to the side like most Band Saws. That feature is great for blade changing but limits fence installations. I decided to get another factory fence bar and mount it on the other side. The only change I had to make was to cut about 3/4" off one of the fence bars. They would have overlapped and there has to be room for blades to pass thru. Pretty straight forward and not too hard to get the 2 fences lined up so the casting can move easily from one to the other. Cost about $20 including shipping, not bad.

Scott Rollins
07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Great idea! I will do the same. I like the mod on the JET j/p also--don't have one of those though:(.

Curt Harms
07-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Great idea! I will do the same. I like the mod on the JET j/p also--don't have one of those though:(.
Hi Scott

Here's the part #'s. I worked with John Leo at Rikon.

Qty.
Part No.
Name
Qty. 1
1-JL28060003A
Fence Bar
Qty. 2
1-JL28060005
Fence Bar Bolt
Qty. 2
1-M8GB6170Z
Hex Nut M8

when I cut the one bar I ground a bevel on the cut part so the fence carrier didn't catch when going from one bar to the other. To help align the 2 fence bars, I tightened one, start the nuts on the other fence bar then moved the fence carrier so it was on both bars, tightened it down (it can't be exactly centered or the little brass part in the fence carrier will be over the slot) then tighten the other fence bar. Worked for me.

HTH

Curt