PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Jobsite Saw

Dan Lautner
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I can hardly wait to start the cabinets .

Dan

Dewey Torres
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice saw but...

You don't want to try and lug that thing around like the usual "job site" saw.

Keep us posted on the cabinets.

Dewey

Mike Goetzke
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
At least it seems to work well for that pink stuff in the background :D.

Dan Lautner
07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
"You don't want to try and lug that thing around like the usual "job site" saw."

This is the only jobsite this saw will ever see. After completing my house, I will build a small shop and put her to work on some furniture. I'm amazed at the quality of this saw.

Dan

Rod Sheridan
07-03-2008, 2:25 PM
Gee, I never thought of using my 650 to cut fibreglass insulation!

Is that why the guard's missing?

Regards, Rod.

Vince Shriver
07-03-2008, 2:31 PM
Dan,

Is that fence a Bieser or a General (they look so similar)?

Congrats, you have a great saw there - it will be my next TS.

Vince

John Ricci
07-03-2008, 3:11 PM
Congrats on the new saw Dan. My 650R has been sitting at the dealer for a week waiting for me to find a new shop which I did just today so now I can play too:D It looks like you have the small riving knife installed???

J.R.

J. Z. Guest
07-03-2008, 4:09 PM
Nice saw Dan. Be careful when you're cleaning the "sawdust" out of the cabinet. If you get that stuff floating around in the air and inhale it, it is not good. I'd vacuum it out right away, if I were you. (then, be careful emptying out the vacuum bag!)

Dan Lautner
07-03-2008, 4:33 PM
The new 650 comes with the General Canada fence and two riving knives. Yes that is the "small" or below blade RK. The other RK is attached to the guard and has yet to be unpacked. This thing was a snap to set up because the extensions come mounted from the factory dead on. I cut the rail to give me about 34" of capacity without the legs. Before you buy a cabinet saw you must see the General 650 in person. The fit and finish and the castings are superior to the imports.

Dan