PDA

View Full Version : New Grizzly G0604XB Jointer

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 1:21 AM
Spending way too much time researching 6" jointers. Always too late on Craig's List stuff. Great wife saw me looking at the Ebay Grizzly Auction site and said, "Buy it." I did.:p Haven't begun wishing for an 8" jointer, yet. Well packaged, everything there, but the drive belt appeared to be "out of whack," (a clinical term) and I replaced it with a link belt. Works great. More to come.

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 1:30 AM
The wheel attachment works great. I can easily move this monster all around and then drop it in place. The tables are very heavy. Have a friend or strong son ready to help you lift them onto the stand. It would have been nice to have some hex head sockets with extensions. Two of the bolts securing the tables are right next to the dust chute. Grizzly doesn't lie about the grease covering everything. Came off pretty easy though.

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 1:34 AM
Sorry for the poor closeup. The knives were correctly set up out of the box. After a little adjustment, the fence was also at 90*. A trip to Rockler along with my 25% off coupon and I had a link belt.

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 1:36 AM
It lives and works. Faithful "Koda" looks on.

dan sherman
07-03-2008, 1:43 AM
Pete,

Did you get one of the smudged paint ones? I got mine of eBay about a month ago, and I just love the thing. I personally was amazed how smooth a freshly jointed surface was.

-Dan

Russ Massery
07-03-2008, 9:17 AM
Congrats on the new jointer. I have the 8" version which I'm very happy with. I too replaced the belt with a link belt. Good luck!

Douglas Brummett
07-03-2008, 9:18 AM
Good score and a great wife. It is amazing when they push you off the fence. Instead of sneaking it into the garage it is full gloat and play with the new machine time. Congrats.

Jeffrey Makiel
07-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Man's best friends are his dog and his jointer.

Enjoy the new tool!
-Jeff :)

Dennis Lopeman
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
wow - it looks a lot like my Delta DJ-15

well - its not actually mine - its a friend of mine - I'm just "holding" it for him, probably indefinitely! He got it for $250 with a 110/220V Baldor motor in it... ebay or craigslist or something like that...

I'm still tuning it.

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Dan, this is one of the "smudged paint" models. I can't seem to find the smudged paint. I see Grizzly now has this jointer on sale on their website for $525 through July 4. I paid $450, the "Buy It Now" price on the auction site.

John Bush
07-03-2008, 1:10 PM
Hi Pete, I have a Griz jointer as well(12"er) and have noticed a bit of vibration, and I can see the "belts-a-slappin" while running. Did previous experience with slappin belts lead you to add the link variety? and how have they been working. My version has two belts and otherwise is perfect. Thanks, John.

Pete Janke
07-03-2008, 3:10 PM
John. I noticed my drive belt had a kink in it. When installed, it would jump off the pulleys shortly after start-up. I checked the pulleys and motor(a bunch of times:confused:) and everything seemed to be in line, but the belt continued to jump off. I then got the link belt and that solved the problem.