PDA

View Full Version : Ever use longer draws than slides?

Craig D Peltier
07-02-2008, 6:43 PM
The cheap 36" slides got held up on slow boat from china an customs. They were $20 a piece.
Now I have a draw 1/2 baltic birch sides and bottom 36 long x 18 wide with a 3/4 face of maple ply an half inch shaker maple border by 2 wide.They might weight 25-30lbs.
Client wants to store shoes in them in a deep closet. All the slides that long except from bold hardwares site are over $125 each cause they are rated 3-500lbs.
I can get 30s for around $50 that will hold 150lbs. Do you think this is a bad idea , I understand they will only slide out 30 inches if there full extension.

Bryan Berguson
07-02-2008, 7:25 PM
Yes, I've done this before knowing that I'm turning a full extension drawer into something less than that. As long as your client understands the difference, I can't see any problem. 150lbs of shoes is A LOT of shoes, unless someone is standing in them. :rolleyes:

Bryan

Craig D Peltier
07-03-2008, 1:27 PM
Yes, I've done this before knowing that I'm turning a full extension drawer into something less than that. As long as your client understands the difference, I can't see any problem. 150lbs of shoes is A LOT of shoes, unless someone is standing in them. :rolleyes:

Bryan

Thanks, I ended up buying lee valleys 250lb slides for 40 a piece. Everywhere else I searched they were 125-175 each set with a rating of 4-500lbs.I was suprised to find them there for this cost.