PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking in America Conference

Keith Starosta
07-02-2008, 7:47 AM
Howdy, Gents!! Please forgive me if this has been brought up in the past, but I was wondering how many (if any) from The Creek are planning on attending the Woodworking in America Conference in Berea, Kentucky?

http://www.woodworkinginamerica.com/GeneralMenu/

It looks to be an awesome experience! It's a little spendy, but I'm sure well worth it. I may just have to see if the LOML wants to give me an early Christmas present... ;) :D

- Keith

Chuck Nickerson
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I did it three hours after registration opened and several seminars were already full. I did manage to get seminars with Adam C. and Mike W., so I'm one very happy camper. My only issue: one page listed a "Wooden Plane Technology" class with Larry and Don, but it wasn't on the registration schedule. That would have been a peach since their classes at woodworking schools always fill before I know about them.

Mark Stutz
07-02-2008, 1:26 PM
I'll be going. Should be a fun weekend, but I think all the hands-on classes are already full, or at least close. I registered within a few hours and at least one or two of my choices were alredy full. I suspect the enthusiam and desire for something like this has been beyond expectations.

Mark

mike holden
07-02-2008, 2:16 PM
I will be going as well.
Just a note, several of the seminars are repeated, so if the first is filled check the rest of the list.
I think the response is beyond expectations as well - havent seen anything sell out like this since I was attending rock concerts decades ago.
Mike

Ralph Barhorst
07-02-2008, 2:42 PM
I'll be there. I really wanted to go to the "Welcome reception at Boone Tavern", but it is also sold out. Of well, I bet there are other taverns in town.

Mark Stutz
07-02-2008, 4:06 PM
Ralph,
No other taverns...in fact, Boone Tavern is a tavern in name only...dry county.

George Beck
07-02-2008, 4:48 PM
I am registered to go.

George

David Gilbert
07-02-2008, 5:08 PM
I'm registered too. Hope to see you all there!

Narayan Nayar
07-02-2008, 5:30 PM
There are several threads regarding this conference in this forum. Maybe a moderator could consolidate them so that we have a single list of SMC members going?

And as mentioned in the other thread, I'm going.

Ron Kanter
07-02-2008, 6:54 PM
I'm guilty of starting one of the other conference threads, because I wasn't sure that a carpooling request should be included in the general conference thread. But I agree there could be a lot of threads and confusion - and the conference is months away.
Maybe there should be a general thread for carpooling and another for conference questions, and another for ???
Glad I don't have to moderate this.:confused:

Ron

mike holden
07-02-2008, 8:28 PM
Ralph,
I too missed the "welcome reception". Maybe we should get a Creekers welcome reception going?
Mike

Larry Williams
07-02-2008, 9:42 PM
... My only issue: one page listed a "Wooden Plane Technology" class with Larry and Don, but it wasn't on the registration schedule....

Chuck,

Don and I will both be in the vendor area for almost the whole conference. We'll be happy to talk to you--maybe get lunch or dinner together if time allows. The wooden plane workshop will be with Roy Underhill and most of the people will be there to see him. He's worth seeing and we'll stand back and let people get their money's worth. I suspect it'll be held in the biggest of the venues so you should be able to get in.

Larry

Johnny Kleso
07-03-2008, 1:01 AM
Anyone passing S.ATL (Rex,Ga) on the way to the show and would not mine riding with someone to split the bills?

I dont drive :(

Cliff Polubinsky
07-03-2008, 8:06 AM
I'll be there. Registered with an hour of getting the email and managed to get every class I wanted, although it was a tough decision between a couple of them.

Cliff