PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Gloat,woohoo!

John Sanford
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Yesterday when I got home, what did I find waiting in the mailbox for me but an envelope from Taunton with something stiff and thick in it. At first I thought it must be a CD/DVD, but I didn't order any DVDs from them, plus the shape was too rectangular. Then I remembered... I recently re-subscribed to Fine Woodworking and they had a L-N scraper as a premium.

So, I opened up the envelope, and inside was ANOTHER envelope, with a L-N .020" Scraper. It gets to join my other scrapers (Sandvik or Veritas, can't remember exactly which), but since L-N had enough forethought to mark their scraper, I'll always know when I'm using theirs. (Actually, since its "Swedish Steel, it may simply be a Sandvik cut and finished by L-N). It joins my L-N Low Angle Adjustable Mouth Block Plane (well used AND well travelled) and my L-N Scrub Plane (well travelled, but unused thus far) as Representin' L-N At the Benchfest! :cool:

I also just got a Bridge City 12" Rule. Smaller (but fortunately, not shorter) than I thought it would be. I had it in mind that it would be comparably sized to the Architect's Tri-Rule that I have... Still a fine looking tool, with nice weight to it.