PDA

View Full Version : My Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw

brett gallmeyer
07-01-2008, 2:06 AM
Here is my Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw with the mods that I have done so far.
I built a outfeed support table that ties into both sides of the cast iron table top and once undernieth on the side of the steel cabinet. I did have a piano hinge on the back where another 4'x3' table would swing up to provide 4' 6'' of support. However I felt that this might be two much weight hanging off the back being that the saw stock weighs in around 350lbs. I also built a table extension with a built in router table. Rouseu router plate and a freud 1 3/4 hp router with above table adjustment. I have plans to build a different unit when I get between prodjects. I've include the picture below. I believe I found the plan from wood magazine or plans now.

What does everyone think?

Brett G.

Russell Tribby
07-01-2008, 2:23 AM
Looks good Brett. I have the same saw and have done some similar mods as well. Check out this thread, http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=70358. Your saw should be able to hold the weight of the extended outfeed table. I did the same thing with mine before I built the cabinet for it and it was fine. I think you'll really enjoy your new features. It looks great.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2008, 8:55 AM
Brett, Nicely done sir! How about a photo from the side so I can see how you attached the outfeed table to your saw. I was given the TS3650 by the LOML. I'm still struggling to design an enclosure for DC for the bottom of the saw. It's at the top of my list. For the money, it's a great saw IMHO.

Jim O'Dell
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Ken. see if Ridgid shows an accessory part for a lower dust shroud. The 3612 had one available. I used it with the shop vac for a few years, better than nothing. I modified the opening and siliconed a 6" PVC "pigtail" in for the cyclone to hook up to. 4" take off for the overhead guard/pick up I built. Works pretty good. IIRC Home Depot had them in stock for the 3612. Don't know about the 3650/60. Jim.

brett gallmeyer
07-02-2008, 12:34 AM
ken, i will take some pictures either tonight or tommorow and post them.

Russell Tribby
07-02-2008, 1:02 AM
Brett, Nicely done sir! How about a photo from the side so I can see how you attached the outfeed table to your saw. I was given the TS3650 by the LOML. I'm still struggling to design an enclosure for DC for the bottom of the saw. It's at the top of my list. For the money, it's a great saw IMHO.

Ken, check out the Ridgid forum. Look up Bob D.'s outfeed table. I based mine off of his design. The mounting method he used is pretty straightfoward and very sturdy.

brett gallmeyer
07-02-2008, 1:09 AM
So the way I built mine was to place ''runners along both sides of the table top and one on the left side of the cabinet for support. I had to notch them so that the back part of the fence could slide past. Then I made my outfeed table to sit on top of them and added pieces that sat on both sides and ran bolts through to hold it in place. I think the pictures make sence. I also built my router extension table at the same time. The runner on the right side of the saw is acutally part of the fram for this table. I hand cut the mitered corner on the top of the router table in back. I also made a cutout for the factory blade guard and splitter. I should have made it a bit wider. I had to notch part of the support for the piece that fills in the whole so i could attach the splitter since it slided on from the left. you could leave the hole empty but I think it looks better filled and that way if you rip small pieces they dont catch. Ask more questions if you have them. or if you need more pics.

As for dust collection. i'm contiplating that right now also. I think that I'm going to remove the factory 2 1/2 port on the bottom and make a new flat piece with openings for the removable guard and then cut out for a piece of pvc or fitting to attach to my 4" hose. if i get started on this i will post pics. and a better desc.

brett gallmeyer
07-02-2008, 1:10 AM
I also made this trick insert that has a switchable piece to allow for zero clearance or any dado size.

Joe Von Kaenel
07-02-2008, 2:15 PM
Brett,

Very nice additions. I have the same Saw and have thought about adding a router insert, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks for sharing !!

Joe

brett gallmeyer
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Joe,

If you havn't figured out allready the fence that comes with the ridgid saw is awsome! I am currently working on building an attatchment so that I can use the fence as my router table fence also. With t-track, dust collection, zero clearance, exc. Once I get it done I'll post pics. If you do go with any home built router extension table I would recomend getting an alluminum plate. I have the rousea plate in mind and it came with a slight bow up. you believe that! most people have to worry about there router plates sagging and I wish mine would a bit. lol

Brett G.