PDA

View Full Version : Resaw blade

Burt Alcantara
06-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I've got to resaw a 4/4 x 6" board. I don't have a jointer or planer so I'd like to get the smoothest cut possible on the BS. The board is for an in-house project that is decorative only.

Since I'm out of blades and have to reorder, I'm thinking, besides some green wood blades, I'd like to get a good resaw blade or two.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Burt

Lee Schierer
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
You daon't say what size BS you have. On a 14" you'll want to go with a 3 TPI x 1/2" blade. Anything smaller will drift too much and anything larger won't be tensioned properly on a 14" saw.

Burt Alcantara
06-30-2008, 1:09 PM
14" Grizzly G0555 with riser.

Pat Germain
06-30-2008, 1:44 PM
The problem I see is a blade designed for resawing is going to have an agressive tooth pattern which equates to rough cut. I don't have an answer for you.

I have talked to the people at Timberwolf. I told them the size of my bandsaw and what I wanted to resaw. A very nice and knowledgable young lady told me exactly what blade I would need. By golly, it worked great. So, calling Timberwolf would be one option for you.

Peter Quinn
06-30-2008, 6:50 PM
Another option is a Lenox Trimaster carbide tipped or a Lenox bi-metal resaw blade. Maybe give Iturra Design's a call?