PDA

View Full Version : Vista and Corel X3

Gregg Vaughn
06-30-2008, 7:59 AM
My computer passed on and I replaced it with a Dell machine that has Vista (Vista Home Premium). I easily added a 2nd ethernet port for the laser (the ethernet port included with the computer is taken by my wireless router) and with only a little trouble added the Epilog driver and configuring it for the ethernet port connection (Actually easier with Vista).

My problem is with the pointer. In CorelDraw X3 and a few other programs the pointer does not "point" to what ever it is you want to "click". It's off a little bit. This is not much of an issue with icons and such (although it's annoying), but when you are working in CorelDraw its a major pain.

How do you "zero-in" the mouse pointer in Vista? I checked the "mouse" icon in the Control Pannel, but I do not find anything that addresses this.

Mitchell Andrus
06-30-2008, 8:33 AM
Google it > Aligning mouse in Vista

Really:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31246422/mouse-pointer-not-aligned.aspx

There are others.

Two responses that might help....

Mouse pointer not aligned - AaronR.Thursto

10-Dec-07 03:07:20
On Dec 1, 5:32 pm, denmarfl <denma...@>Sorry, my last message was a "Reply to author" Not much help toeveryone else with the same problem.I also HAD this problem. I have a new XPS 420 system with Vista.While reading through this post, I started messing with the mousesettings in the Control Panel. Under the Pointers tab, the Scheme wasset to Windows Aero. I chose (None), clicked Apply, and the problemwent away.Before I could not close a window using the X if it was in the upperright hand corner of the screen. Now, even while using Radio365(which has a very small close button), the "close" dialog box isdisplayed when the point of the arrow is in the center of the X - asit should be.

----------------

I wish there were was a way that this reply could go out to all that posted
in this thread....one that I originated. I worked with Del lXPS support
today. I posted the problem originally in a Logitech Forum. A response
there recommended I go to MSPAINT and see how the Mouse pointer aligned when
drawing with the pencil. When I did that the line and Pencil were almost 1/4"
off. Working with Dell Tech I showed them this, and, also how difficult
sometimes it was to align the normal Mouse pointer up with Buttons, etc.

The Fix....the Tech Downloaded and Installed the Updated Driver and ATI
Software that is available at the Dell Website for my XPS that is shown for
the ATI HD2600 XT Card. if you go to MY ACCOUNT at Dell.com, login, click
on your XPS system then Downloads, all downloads for your XPS system appear.
The tech Downloaded the driver and Software. I then went back to MSPaint and
the Line and Pencil are Right on. Dell advised only to download Updates from
their site because many times the Updates are different from the updates
found at the Manufacturers Site. If you still have the problem, download the
updates and let me know if it also corrects the problem for you.. If the two
of find this corrects the Mouse Point alignment problem, we can feel fairly
confident...the fix is the Updated driver and software.

One issue I have noticed is the Monitor is much brighter, almost too
bright....and I have the GAMMA Setting in the ATI Control Panel at it lowest
setting. It is as if the Driver is over powering the Monitor when it comes
to brightness.....so I'll need to play with the brightness settings.

Gregg Vaughn
06-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Mitchell,

Thanks .... my new computer is an XPS 420, so your reference is right on target.

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I got a XPS 420 a while back and had the same issue. Downloaded the new driver from Dell site and that fixed the mouse problem for me.

Funny thing is, Dell did not tell me about it when I called them, Had to find it on another user group too. And I was told that Dell has a support team in place just for the XPS systems. Other than that, I like the computer at this point.