PDA

View Full Version : Cadex pin nailer question

Joe McMahon
06-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Where are Cadex pin nailers made? I was thinking about a Grex but it is made in Taiwan.

TIA

Michael Stanley
06-29-2008, 5:25 PM
The distributor is in Canada not sure about country of manufacture. I have one so the next time I go out to the shop I'll have a look.

Graham Skinner
06-30-2008, 12:09 AM
I think that I read someplace that the cadex is only assembled in Canada, the Grex and Cadex look like twins, so I think that the parts all come from the same place!.
Also there is a nailer called "Max" that looks to be the same model as well (so its triplets now :rolleyes:).
I have a Nikle NS2340, its a very good nailer and is a little less expensive that the other three at the time I was looking for one.

Tool test of 23-gauge pinners http://www.cadextools.com/images/article_jlc.pdf

Anyway good luck and regards...Graham Skinner...

Greg Robbins
06-30-2008, 8:41 AM
Mine says Made in Canada on it.

Dar Lounsbury
06-30-2008, 1:08 PM
I, too, have the Nikle 2340. Even if it did not get the best remarks in the review, it works very well. Made in Canada. Cadex and Grex really appear to be the same gun with Grex a little less expensive. These were my second choice from the Nikle. I have a Grex staple gun that works flawless and I would expect their pinner works the same.

Question. Is one brand of pins better than another. I find a wide range of prices for the same sizes. Better discount or better pins?

Dar