PDA

View Full Version : Support stateside troops

Shawn Oberdorf
04-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I think its awesome that you guys are doing this. Wish someone had done it in 90/91. Now for the but part. Don't forget there are military stateside too. I'm not saying make pens for everyone. Just thank them when you see them. Buy them a coke, coffee, beer, whatever. Shake their hand, tell them what a great job they are doing supporting their brothers in Iraq/afghanistan/wherever else our presence is required.
If I knew how to make a pen, (and could afford it,(see ps)) I would make pens for everyone on this base.
Keep up the good work!

Ssgt Shawn Oberdorf
USAF

PS Don't know if ya'll realize it, but the military is low paying. We are not in it for the money. Write your representives in Washington and tell them to pay us more :D :) :rolleyes:

Aaron Koehl
04-19-2004, 8:43 AM
Right on, Shawn!
Don't worry, we will ship pens as long as we have folks who are able!

Ken Salisbury
04-19-2004, 8:53 AM
Just thank them when you see them. Buy them a coke, coffee, beer, whatever. Shake their hand, tell them what a great job they are doing supporting their brothers in Iraq/afghanistan/wherever else our presence is required.
Ssgt Shawn Oberdorf
USAF

Right Shawn ! ! I practice that whenever I get the chance. I frequent a local Applebees for happy hour once or twice per week and anytime military personnel in uniform are there I either buy them a drink or pick up their tab. More folks should publicly show their support for all members of our military.

Blake McCully
04-19-2004, 9:24 AM
You're absolutely right Sarge. I did 14 years in 2 1/2 branches of the military, I was a Navy corpsman and and did a stretch with FMF (fleet marine force) then the Air Force.

Any show of support to any of the troops is always well received. There is a lady that I work with who came up to me one day and said "Thanks, Blake". I was stumed, but said your welcome. She did that for about three months before I finally asked her what she meant. She told me that she just wanted to thank me for wearing the uniform of the United States military. She does that, still, every month. Kinda gets me a little choked up.

Blake

Christopher Pine
04-19-2004, 11:52 AM
I too am humbled by the ourpouring of appreciation.., more so when I returned last year from my ever so humble time I spent over near Iraq.. I am with Colorado Air National Guard and we were activated and deployed for a time at the begining of this whole thing. Fortunate for me I was only gone little over 2 months.. I can't imagine the folks over there being extended another 90 days after a year deployed. They indeed demand our appreciation and respect for their sacrifice!
I can't say enough words of thanks to you all here as well. This is tremendous!
Sincerely Chris Pine TSGT

Rick Burson
04-19-2004, 5:50 PM
Shawn, I definately agree. We need a raise. I'm USAF and went over 20 yrs active duty on Apr 3, 04. :D

On a more serious note.....I can't possibly imagine having to be over there for a year. GOTSTA be tough. They certainly have my respect, admiration and support for what they're doing.

Rick