PDA

View Full Version : KC Creeker visit updated w/pics

mark page
06-29-2008, 11:26 AM
We had our KC creeker visit last evening. I felt it turned out to be a wonderful experience. Of course a lot of "shop talk" took place. I hope we all learned something from one another. What I personally enjoyed more than anything was the knowledge exchange of everyones diverse backgrounds and experiences.
I fully recommend if anyone gets the chance to meet any of these people, that they definately do so. Bill, Al, and Greg are good company. They will give you a feeling that you've aquired an intangible asset from meeting them in person.
On to the visit: I can recommend Granite City for a place to eat. The food is excellent and the portions very generous. I eat like a horse and maybe finished half of my plate, same as Bill. I think Greg finished his, and well for Al, I think his plate looked like it was fresh outa the dishwasher when he was done :D!
Bill, we wish you a safe drive home and be sure to check in later. And if anyone wants to post their pics they can add to this post. (Bill's the pro photographer, and I am just lucky to have a good waitress take my pics, :D)
For the pic police here's the proof:
From left to right: Greg Cole, Bill Huber, myself, and Al Navas.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Congrats to all who attended! Creeker visits are, indeed, a good time.

Steve Clardy
06-29-2008, 12:46 PM
The white bearded ol' geezer on the right sure looks familiar. :D

mark page
06-29-2008, 1:10 PM
Steve,
I don't recall meeting you yet, IF my memory serves me well, which it doesn't lately.
OOOOOHHHHH, I get it now, you must be referring to Al!!!!!!!!!:D:eek:

Steve Clardy
06-29-2008, 1:19 PM
Steve,
I don't recall meeting you yet, IF my memory serves me well, which it doesn't lately.
OOOOOHHHHH, I get it now, you must be referring to Al!!!!!!!!!:D:eek:

Yep. Al

We meet at the woodshow breakfast.

mark page
06-29-2008, 1:27 PM
Yep Steve,

Your infamous name was brought up at least once in the conversations, lol,:D:D:D.
Roy, I let everyone know you were thinking of us and couldn't make it. You were greatly missed.

Al Navas
06-29-2008, 7:34 PM
Mark,

Thanks for making the arrangements to get together. I enjoyed it tremendously, and look forward to doing it again soon! And, of course, any time you can come up to the shop, you are welcome. You can look at my post of this morning on my blog... :D

Steve,

From this old geezer: We missed you. Maybe next time!

Greg Cole
06-29-2008, 8:44 PM
Too bad I look as bright as a burnt out light bulb in the first pic....:rolleyes:
Was nice to meet you guys. Told ya the meat loaf was kick posterior.
BTW, the deck will be photo worthy very soon.

Cheers,
Greg

mark page
06-30-2008, 9:51 PM
Yeah, That beast-loaf was pretty good. Would ya call that plate about a 16/4 one?:D
Bill, did you make it home OK? Check in with all of us. One word of advice if the table picks up the tab to honor his presence, he gets a little testy & scrappy!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Bill Huber
06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
This is a little slow in coming, got home yesterday but had to run to work and take care of some things that fell apart while I was gone last week.

I would like to thank Mark for getting this set up and also for a great meal, that was a really good meatloaf, I mean really good.

What a week, started out on one Saturday meeting 4 Creekers and then the next Saturday I got to meet 3 more..... doesn't get much better then that.
Its the little things that you learn along the way talking to people that really help me develop my skills. Everyone that I have talked with has given me just a little more information and every little bit helps.

It is so wonderful to meet people with so many different backgrounds and they are all woodworkers and all are very willing to share there skills.

Again, THANKS Mark for a wonderful time.

Here is my picture from this last Saturday, the short fat guy isn't in this shot.