PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with Carhartt pants?

Brian Elfert
06-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone have any issues with Carhartt washed duck pants? I bought a pair about six months ago and they are developing small holes all over them.

I have another pair that are older and do not have this problem. I bought these pants to use around the house and not for commercial use.

Jason Beam
06-28-2008, 11:47 PM
None here - i am a huge fan of mine. They've seen some pretty rugged work lately with constructing my shop - losta demo and such.

You hadn't by any chance gotten yourself near some battery acid, didja? :P

Paul Greathouse
06-29-2008, 7:22 AM
Down here in Louisiana I wear the Carhart shorts at least 10 months out of the year. No complaints, at all. They outlast any brand of jeans I have ever worn.

John Shuk
06-29-2008, 9:20 AM
I have always had trouble with the painter style jeans. They always come apart on the top of the side seams on me. I tried them a few times thinking I'd see if they got any better. I stopped buying them.

David G Baker
06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Brian,
Looks like you got a defective pair unless you do a lot of welding. I have had plenty of burn spots from arc welding spatter but the holes are tiny.
I have had a few pair of the original Levi pants have had flaws in them that showed up in the same place on the pants. The flaw had nothing to do with anything that I did. I would take the pants back to the place where you purchased them and see if they will exchange them.
Carhartt clothing has been around for quite a while and have a reputation for holding up in some very serious hard working environments.

Ben Rafael
06-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Bleach????

Ben Grunow
06-29-2008, 8:20 PM
The pre-softened ones are less durable than the old stiff type.

I think something has changed in the fabric personally as they have become more fashionable and expensive. That usually means the quality goes down.

They are all I wear by the way.

Brian Elfert
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
The kind I got are washed duck, but they still seem pretty stiff. No welding, no bleach, and I don't believe any battery acid.

I sent a comment through the Carhartt website and they will provide a postage paid label so they can take a look and determine if the pants are faulty.

Steve knight
07-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I like these better they last longer and cost less. http://www.duluthtrading.com/

Brian Elfert
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I like these better they last longer and cost less. http://www.duluthtrading.com/

Which product exactly? Almost everything they sell is more than the $35 I paid for my Carhartt pants.

Steve knight
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM
hard to tell for sure they seem to rename things often (G) I think thesehttp://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/mens/mens2/mens_pants/86070.aspx?feature=Product_33 are the ones I bought last time
but what I like about them is they are far easier to move in. no binding and lots of flex. so far they have outlasted the carharts I have tried and they feel better too. but it looks like the price is going up.

Michael Liechty
07-02-2008, 1:37 AM
I wear their shirts daily. and Arborwear or Carharrt pants every day. every weekend and after work I'm wearing the shorts. Never any issues with them.

ML

Dar Lounsbury
07-04-2008, 2:18 PM
I wear them daily and really like them. One very small complaint. I use the small pocket on the right side for my cell phone. They don't make all the pockets the same size. I have to try my phone in the pocket when buying. Some fit and some don't. As I said, really small compliant. The pants are great. I wear the shirts too.

Dar

Joe L Davis
07-06-2008, 4:39 AM
Ever since Levi's became yuppiefied and then moved all there plants overseas I have used Carhartts almost exclusively. I have never had a problem with them, though I must say I would still rather have the hammer loop on the right leg. just my opinion. They are getting a little priceier too. May have to start searching around again.